A new event that is a take on the old Beer and Chocolate pairings that the late Fred Eckhardt hosted with Rogue Ales is coming to Culmination Brewing this weekend. Artisinful! The Portland Beer and Chocolate Festival will feature 9 chocolatiers alongside 11 beers, one mead and one cider on Saturday, January 30 from Noon to 6:00pm.
Admission to Artisinful! The Portland Beer and Chocolate Festival is free but there is a Beer Drinkers Package that offers a special 5 oz. tasting glass and 4 drink pours for only $12.00. Additional drink tickets will be $2.00 each. A majority of the pours require one ticket for a 5 oz. pour. And minors are allowed with parent for this event.
Beer, Cider and Mead List:
- Ex Novo / Moonstruck Collab Nevermore Black Barleywine
- Pono Brewing / Culmination Collab Coco Pono Toasted Coconut Cream Ale
- Dragon’s Gate Brewery Le Morte d’Arthur – Belgian Chocolate Stout
- Caldera Toasted Coconut Chocolate Porter
- Old Town Brewing Chocolate Chile Chupacabra
- Cascade 2014 Kriek (Two Tickets for this one)
- Heretic Chocolate Hazelnut Porter
- Breakside Bourbon Barrel–Aged Aztec
- Yachats Brewing Ten Mile Saison
- Culmination Habanero Blackberry Sour
- Culmination Choco Mountain – Culmination’s Milk Chocolate Stout aged on Cacao Nibs.
- Stung Fermented Miel de Framboise – a sparkling raspberry mead
- Reverend Nat’s 2015 Sacrilege Sour Cherry Cider
Each of the following 9 Portland artisanal chocolatiers will be selling and sampling their amazing chocolates.
- Batch PDX
- Verdun Chocolates
- Smitten Truffles
- Pitch Black
There will also be a few other vendors at Artisinful! The Portland Beer and Chocolate Festival including Ole Latte Coffee on hand selling coffee to those who would prefer coffee instead of beer with their chocolate. Also on hand will be Oregon Brewers Guild, Dragon’s Gate Brewery, Pono Brewery, and Third Wave Coffee Tour.
2217 NE Oregon Street
Portland, OR 97232