Boulder, Colo. • October 18, 2022 — In recognition of the 24th annual Learn to Homebrew Day on November 5, the American Homebrewers Association® (AHA) invites all craft beer and fermentation fans to join the global community of homebrewing hobbyists. Homebrewers, whether experienced or first-timers, are encouraged to pledge to brew their own beer and welcome those curious about the craft to experiment with their first batches of homebrew.
Since 1999, the American Homebrewers Association has gathered tens of thousands of home fermentation hobbyists on the first Saturday in November to celebrate the hobby and inspire newcomers.
This year’s official recipe, Hoppy Amber Ale, is an extract-based homebrew recipe and is a great beer for both beginners and experienced brewers. The quick and easy recipe yields one gallon and pushes the boundaries of American-style amber ale into hoppy India Pale Ale (IPA) territory. For an in-depth walk-through on extract homebrewing, visit the American Homebrewers Association’s How to Brew Tutorials. A 3-gallon recipe is available as a video tutorial.
For first-time homebrewers, the AHA has a checklist of essentials– many of which are found in the average kitchen, such as a large pot to use as a brew kettle.
“Homebrewing makes life more delicious and introducing friends and family to the joys of the hobby is a leading charge of the American Homebrewers Association,” said Julia Herz, executive director, American Homebrewers Association. “I challenge every homebrewer to help a first timer brewer on November 5; bonus homebrew is perfect for holiday gift giving.”
The AHA offers an abundance of resources for beer lovers and brewers of all levels, including:
- AHA Membership, receive $5 off an annual membership when you complete the website pledge to brew this #LearnToHomebrewDay.
- Homebrewing Video Tutorial, five easy-to-follow videos covering brewing basics with Julia Herz.
- Trusted Recipes, browse tried-and-true mead, cider, clone, food fermentation, and homebrew recipes.
- Homebrew Club Locator, connect with homebrewers and find events in your area.
- AHA Forum, ask questions and engage with brewing peers on a variety of topics.
- Marketing Materials, download free promotional artwork.
- Brewers Publications, receive 30% off all titles in conjunction with the holiday, Nov. 4 – Nov. 7.
“The AHA has been the go-to resource for all things fermentation since 1978,” added Herz. “Join us and our 37,000 members to be a part of, and help grow, the amazing community of homebrewers.”
This year’s Learn to Homebrew Day is sponsored by Grainfather.