This is a special time of year to live here in the Pacific Northwest for fans of locally grown hops as Hood River, Oregon welcomes the return of the city’s popular Hood River Hops Fest. Located in equal distance in between Oregon’s hop fields and the country’s largest hop growing region in Washington’s Yakima Valley, Hood River Hops Fest will bring 40 local and regional breweries to town on Saturday, September 26 to downtown Hood River. These 40 breweries will be pouring over 60 fresh hop and wet hop beers on Saturday from Noon to 8:00pm.
Local legends at Full Sail Brewing will be pouring its Fresh Hop Pilsner while local farmhouse brewer Logsdon Farmhouse Ales will be featuring its Fresh Hop Seizoen. New to the Hood River Hops Fest are Lake Oswego’s Stickmen Brewing Company and Three Creeks Brewing Co. from Sisters, Oregon.
The list of 2015 Hood River Hops Fest Breweries include:
- Amnesia Brewing (Washougal, WA)
- Backwoods Brewing Company (Carson, WA)
- Baerlic Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Base Camp Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Beer Valley (Ontario, OR)
- Big Horse Brew Pub (Hood River, OR)
- Breakside Brewery (Portland, OR)
- BridgePort Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Burnside Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Coalition Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Crux Fermentation Project (Bend, OR)
- Deschutes Brewery (Bend, OR)
- Double Mountain Brewery (Hood River, OR)
- Ecliptic Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Elysian Brewing Company (Seattle, WA)
- Everybody’s Brewing (White Salmon, WA)
- Ex Novo Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Fort George Brewery (Astoria, OR)
- Full Sail Brewing Company (Hood River, OR)
- Gigantic Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Golden Valley Brewery (Beaverton, OR)
- GoodLife Brewing Co. (Bend, OR)
- Hopworks Urban Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, CA)
- Laurelwood Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales (Hood River, OR)
- Migration Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Oakshire Brewing (Eugene, OR)
- pFriem Family Brewers (Hood River, OR)
- PINTS Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Sasquatch Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Solera Brewery (Mt. Hood, OR)
- Stickmen Brewing Company (Lake Oswego, OR)
- Terminal Gravity Brewing (Enterprise, OR)
- Three Creeks Brewing Co. (Sisters, OR)
- Upright Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Vertigo Brewing (Hillsboro, OR)
- Walking Man Brewing (Stevenson, WA)
- Wild Ride (Redmond, OR)
- Worthy Brewing (Bend, OR)
To make this year’s Hops Fest something more interesting the festival is introducing the all new Brewer’s Tent. This all day special ticket is $50.00 in advance that provides Hops Fest adult visitors the chance to mingle with the brewers behind the fresh hop beers. Brewer’s Tent ticket holders also receive 15 taste tokens and a commemorative glass mug in addition to enjoying 100% grass-fed beef sliders from Painted Hills Natural Beef.
In addition to fresh-hops beer and cider, Hood River Hops Fest features local food vendors, wine from Hood River-based Naked Winery, arts and crafts vendors from throughout the Pacific Northwest, a children’s play area, fun contests, and live music. Here is the music schedule for the day.
- Noon–1 pm: The Barn Burners (Hood River, OR)
- 1:30–2:30 pm: Kitchen Table (Hood River, OR)
- 3–4 pm: Tess Barr Blues Band (Hood River, OR)
- 4:30–6 pm: Polecat (Bellingham, WA)
- 6:30–8 pm: Pigwar (Portland, OR)
The 2015 Hood River Hops Fest will take place on Saturday, September 26. Open to all ages from Noon to 5:00pm, and adults ages 21 and over from 5:00 to 8:00pm. The event returns once again to downtown Hood River to the Columbia Parking Lot (between 5th & 7th Streets and Cascade Avenue and Columbia Street). Festival entrance is on Columbia Street.
Tickets to this the 2015 Hood River Hops Fest are currently on sale and can be purchased in advance through Brown Paper Tickets, or at the entrance the day of the event. Entry for those 21 years of age or older is $5.00 and is free to those under 21 up until 5:00pm when the event goes 21 years and older. To enter the Beer Garden one must be 21+ and this cost is $15.00 that includes entry, commemorative glass mug and five 3.5 oz. taste tokens. If one wants to upgrade and be part of the new Brewers Tent this ticket is $50.00 and only sold in advance that includes access to the Official Hops Fest Brewers Tent, commemorative glass mug, 15 3.5 oz. taste tokens and a ticket for the Painted Hills Beef Slider Bar.
Stay up to date on the Hood River Hops Fest by visiting its website and Facebook page.