Alesong Brewing & Blending Announces the Beer List for Terroir Festival
In another week, Alesong Brewing & Blending will host Terroir Festival on Saturday, September 24, 2022 from 1:00- 5:00pm. Taking place at its farmhouse brewery in Eugene’s wine country, this daylong festival will feature breweries and wineries from around the globe. Just a handful of tickets remain to this festival.
Terroir Festival is inspired by Firestone Walker’s Terroir Project, a festival that took place in 2018 and 2019 in the remote town of Los Olivos, California. Now three years later after pandemic hault, the Terroir Project is on the move. The plan moving forward is to have various Terroir Project breweries host the event each year. And this year, for those of us in the Pacific Northwest, we are in luck to have a festival of this caliber so close!
The premise of the festival is to bring together a dozen or so breweries that brewed the same base beer that’s co-fermented with grapes grown within 100 miles of the brewery. With this natural flora of wild yeast occurring on the grape skins, this drives the fermentation process that provides for one complex beer. A true terroir project!
Now renamed as the Terroir Festival and being hosted in Eugene, the same idea holds true, creating a beer that reflects the local terroir. The fest will be headlined by the release of beers made as part of Firestone Walker’s multi-brewery collaboration Terroir Project. Alesong has invited these previously participating breweries to attend this year’s event and nine will be in attendance, including Garage Project from New Zealand. In addition to these breweries, there will be a few others, many that are not distributed in Oregon and a few wineries that have worked in tandem with these breweries on a few of the wine/beer hybrids being served.
Breweries that are part of the Terroir Project group of breweries include Alesong Brewing & Blending (Oregon), Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co. (Arizona), The Bruery (California), Creature Comforts Brewing Co. (Georgia), Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project (Colorado), Firestone Walker Brewing Company (California), Fonta Flora Brewery (North Carolina), Garage Project (New Zealand), and Jester King Brewery (Texas).
Other guest breweries in attendance includes The Ale Apothecary (Oregon), Birds Fly South Ale Project (South Carolina), Block 15 Brewing (Oregon), de Garde Brewing (Oregon), Deschutes Brewery (Oregon), Everywhere Beer Co (California), Logsdon Farmhouse Ales (Oregon), and pFriem Family Brewers (Oregon).
In addition to the beers that will be servied at Terroir Festival, there will also be seven wineries in attendance. These wineries include Antiquum Farm (Oregon), Block 15 Cellars (Oregon), Chalk Art Wines (Crooked Stave), de Garde Cellars (Oregon), Garage Project (New Zealand), King Estate Winery (Oregon) and Page Spring Cellars (Arizona).
BEER AND WINE LIST
Those marked with an * are participating in the multi-brewery Terroir Project collaboration.
Alesong Brewing & Blending*
- Terroir Project: King Estate 7.8% – Spontaneously fermented sour ale with Pinot Gris grapes
- Terroir Project: Antiquum Farm 8.6% – Spontaneously fermented sour ale with Pinot Noir grapes
- Terroir Cabernet 10.5% – Sour ale aged in oak barrels with Cabernet Sauvignon grapes
- Oregon Sunrise 9.5% – Blend of sour ales aged in French oak barrels with Pinot Gris juice and tangerine
The Ale Apothecary
- Farmhouse Vignoles 8.78% – Barrel Aged, wild Ale with116# of hand-harvested and foot-crushed Vignoles grapes, skins and all.
- Ponderosa Lodgehouse 6.25% – Barrel Aged, Spontaneous Ale on Ponderosa Needles
- 2017 Passiflora Pinot Noir 14.4% – Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
- 2019 Juel Pinot Noir 14.1% – Willamette Valley Pinot Noir
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Co.*
- Terrior Project 2019 9.3% – Beer Wine Hybrid with AZ Counoise Grapes
- Villaverde Rose 6.8% – Sour Ale with Tannat & Cabernet Sauvigon Grapes
- Camp Coolship (Stoic Orchard) 6% – Spontaneous Ale (Mobile Coolship)
Birds Fly South Ale Project
- Flight Patterns: Rosé 10.5% – Farmhouse Ale Refermented with Syrah and Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Flutter 5.3% – Foeder Fermented Farmhouse Ale
Block 15 Brewing & Cellars
- Turbulent Consequence, Viognier 6.7% – Spontaneously Fermented Ale with Viognier Grapes
- Sundew Rose 13.6% – Rosé of Grenache, 2022
- Petit Mardi 15.9% – Bourbon barrel aged Petite Sirah and Syrah with Black Tuesday stout cofermentation. Dessert wine styled.
- Pourly Written 13.5% – Painkiller cocktail inspired beer.
Chalk Art Wines
- 2020 Cabernet Franc – Methode Ancestral 14.4% – 100% Colorado grown Cabernet Franc
- 2018 Petite Sirah – Methode Champenoise 12.4% – 100% Colorado grown Petite Sirah
Creature Comforts Brewing Co.*
- Crop Colors: Pink Dawn 6% – Wild ale with grape skins, strawberries, and lavender
- Crop Colors: Umbria Red 7% – Wild ale with blackberries and raspberries
Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project* & Chalk Art Wines
- Terroir Project 2019 (Sparkling) 10.5% – Methode Spontaneous Viognier and Cab Franc Field Blend Sparkling
- Terroir Project 2019 (Still) 10.5% – Methode Spontaneous Viognier and Cab Franc Field Blend Still
de Garde Brewing & Cellars
- The Serine Grand Réserve 9% – A Spontaneous Wild Ale With Syrah Grapes. Aged For Five Years In Oak Barrels.
- The Broken Truck 5.5% – A Spontaneous Wild Ale, Aged In Oak Barrels. Blended From Four Years.
- Syrah 13.6% – 2019 Vintage, The Rocks District of Milton-Freewater, Oregon
- Intertwined 8.9% – Sour ale with malbec grape juice and boysenberries
- Maskerade 13.5% – Ale aged in bourbon and brandy barrels
Everywhere Beer Co.
- You’re Glowing 5.9% – Sparkling Ale with Syrah Grapes
- Spellbound 5.1% – Sparkling Ale with Albariño and Grenache Blanc grapes
Firestone Walker Brewing Company*
- Terroir Cinq 9.1% – American Wild Ale Fermented with Graciano Grapes
- Peachy Bones 5.9% – Wild Saison fermented with white peaches
Fonta Flora Brewery*
- Terroir Project 6.5% – Mixed-culture ale co-fermented with native muscadine and scuppernong grapes
- Savoir Faire 9% – Spontaneously fermented wild ale with Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc Grapes
- Wild Workshop Anniversary Blend 8.4% – Barrel aged saison infused w organic Montepulicanao grape
- Block Party Apple Valley Road 2021 12% – Blend of New Zealand Pinot Noir, Riesling and Gewürztraminer
- Chance Luck & Magic 8.2% – Blend of three years of spontaneously fermented beer from Garage Project’s coolship
Jester King Brewery*
- SPON 2018 Shiraz & Cabernet Sauvignon 6.5% – Spontaneously fermented beer w/ Shiraz & Cab Sauv grapes
- Vague Recollection 6.8% – Farmhouse ale refermented on grape pomace
King Estate Winery
- 2021 Domaine Pinot Gris 13% – 2021 Estate Pinot Gris Made with Biodynamic Grapes
- 2016 Domaine Pinot Noir 14.1% – 2016 Estate Pinot Noir Made with Biodynamic Grapes
Logsdon Farmhouse Ales
- Deux Fermes 7.4% – Spontaneous Sour Ale w/ Tempranillo grapes
- Forager 10.7% – Candy Cap Mushroom Imperial Porter aged in Whiskey barrels
- Two Rivers Violette 8.2% – Farmhouse Ale w/ Malbec grapes
Page Spring Cellars
- 2021 ‘Free-Run’ Roussanne 13.4% – Dry white wine, Single Varietal
- 2021 Counoise Rosé 12.7% – Dry Rosé
- 2019 Counoise 13.1% – Dry Red Wine, 100% Counoise
pFriem Family Brewers
- Druif Rouge 7.3% – Lambic-inspired ale with pinot noir grapes
- Barrel Aged Saison V 5.7% – Hoppy Saison with brettanomyces
A few dozen General Admission tickets still remain for the Terroir Festival, as well as Designated Driver and Shuttle tickets. VIP tickets sold out very quickly. Tickets can be purchased by clicking here.
GENERAL ADMISSION – $80
- Includes entry, passport to sample every* beer/wine at the festival, commemorative glass
DESIGNATED DRIVER – $15
- Includes light snacks, NA beverages, commemorative glass**
SHUTTLE – $20
- Shuttle service from downtown Eugene is available as a ticket add-on
*Alesong cannot guarantee that all beverages will be available to sample throughout the day as some more popular items will run out. Visibly intoxicated patrons will not be served.
**Absolutely no consumption of alcohol permitted for anyone with a DD wristband.
Due to space limitations and the nature of the event, no one under 21 will be permitted, including infants and small children in child carriers.
Alesong Brewing & Blending
80848 Territorial Hwy
Eugene, OR 97405