Bailey’s Taproom 8th Anniversary
Plans are underway for Bailey’s Taproom’s 8th Anniversary that will take place a week earlier than normal. This year’s Anniversary will be held on Saturday, July 25th during the Oregon Brewers Festival from Noon to 11:00pm.
New for this year, Bailey’s 8th Anniversary will see a much larger space for its Anniversary by taking the festivities outdoors for a block party on SW Ankeny Street to unveil Session Alley along with a VIP Event at The Upper Lip featuring six rare beers. Yes, Bailey’s will be closing down SW Ankeny to bring even more beers to the Anniversary. (Fans of Tugboat Brewing will still be allowed to enter the coveted brewery and taproom.) A portion of all proceeds will be donated to New Avenues for Youth, an organization that offers programs and services that empower homeless youth to exit street life.
As in years past, Bailey’s Taproom will be pouring over twenty special barrel-aged beers and ciders. The taplist will bring everything from wee heavies to barleywines, imperial stouts and mouth puckering sours. This is said to be one of the most high octane collections of brews your taste buds have ever tried to tackle. Admission will be free and non-ticketed, and most beers will be available in both 12 oz glasses and 4 oz pours.
In addition to utilizing the taps at Bailey’s Taproom, organizers will also be pouring six special, exclusive beers to VIP patrons upstairs at The Upper Lip. Admittance will be limited to pre-sale ticket holders only and will grant access to upstairs seating and an atmosphere more conducive to sipping beer and relaxing with friends.
Here’s what your VIP status will grant you:
Exclusive access to six rare beers that won’t be available at Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival.
- Bayerischer Bahnhof Goseator – A double-strength Gose or “Doppelbock Gose” aged in Tequila barrels for six months. 10.5%
- Block 15 ’11 Imagine – A Belgian Imperial Stout matured 9 & 21 months in bourbon barrels. 15% (In the extremely likely event that Block 15 Imagine kicks early, we have a keg of Cherry Imagine that will replace it.)
- The Bruery Black Tuesday – A Bourbon Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout rich with caramel, toasted malt, vanilla, burnt wood and anise. 19.7% (Black Tuesday will be limited to one 3oz pour per VIP patron; if you would rather substitute in a different beer, you will receive a 6oz pour of that beer.)
- De Proef/Hair of the Dog ’12 Flanders Fred – a blend of Flanders-sourced lambic with a collaboratively-brewed version of the famous Hair of the Dog Fred. The result is a deep golden ale topped with a creamy off-white head. The nose is complex with notes of lemon, pine, tropical fruits and spice. The palate is rich and layered with toffee, apricot and almond, balanced by some green apple, a hoppy bitterness and barnyard funk. 7.5%
- Russian River Consecration – Dark Ale aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels from local wineries and aged for 4 to 8 months with black currants, brettanomyces, lactobacillus, and pediococcus. Rich flavors of chocolate truffle, spice, tobacco, currants, and a bit of Cabernet. 10%
- Straffe Hendrik ‘13 Heritage – Matured for over a year in oak casks (red wine and cognac), this is a special version of the well-known Straffe Hendrik Quadruple. A rich and intense dark Belgian ale, it is brewed with a subtle blend of specialty malts, which gives the ale an extremely dark color and a chewy, complex malt character. 11%
Six tokens that can be redeemed for 6 oz pours of any of the beers available at The VIP Room or Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival (one of those tokens can be redeemed for a single 3 oz pour of The Bruery Black Tuesday).
A 22 oz souvenir Bailey’s 8th Anniversary Snifter glass.
Artisan cheeses and charcuterie provided by Steve’s Cheese and Olympia Provisions.
A private space for a limited number of VIP ticket holders at Bailey’s upstairs bar, The Upper Lip.
Unfettered access to all three bars running that day, including The VIP Room at The Upper Lip, Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival and Session Alley.
6 oz pours for the same price as 4 oz pours for all barrel-aged beers available downstairs at Bailey’s Barrel-Aged Beer Festival and 22 oz glasses of beer at Session Alley for the same price as 20 oz glasses.
Tickets are just $45 and are available online HERE.
Then the largest addition to Bailey’s Anniversary is the new Session Alley that will overtake SW Ankeny as an outdoor, fenced-in beer garden with picnic tables and an additional six taps dedicated to summer drinking. Take a break from all those brain cell-blasting brews with a pint of Pilsner, a Berliner Weisse or an ISA. Patrons of Bailey’s Taproom will be welcome to take their beer outside to enjoy in the open air and those who purchase VIP tickets will be able to freely roam between all three bars.
213 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205