Coming up this week, Belmont Station will host two great craft beer events. To kick off the month of November, Fremont Brewing will be at The Station tonight, November 1st for Fremont Ancient One B-Bomb Release & Barrel Aged Night. Then on Thursday, November 3rd, it will be Crazy Mountain Brewing and Bitter Root Brewing Tasting as both breweries make its Portland debut.
Fremont Ancient One B-Bomb Release & Barrel Aged Night Benefiting Oregon Food Bank
Belmont Station will welcome Fremont Brewing today from 4:00 to 7:00pm for Fremont Ancient One B-Bomb Release & Barrel Aged Night that will benefit the Oregon Food Bank.
Bring a nonperishable food item for the Oregon Food Bank to receive $1.00 off a pint of one of two Fremont “infused” beers: Bonfire infused with Tart Cherries, Vanilla & Cinnamon or Wandering Wheat infused with Chamomile. Also the first 100 donations will also receive a Fremont 16-ounce pint glass!
Belmont Station will also be featuring $20/3 oz. pours of the rare Ancient One B-Bomb (while supply lasts) with all proceeds from each pour going to the Oregon Food Bank. There will also be a silent auction on four pairs of Ancient One Dark Star & Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star that runs from 4 p.m.-7 p.m. The top four bidders will win a bottle of each. All proceeds from this silent auction will go directly to the Oregon Food Bank! Winners will be announced shortly after 7:00pm and all bidders must be present to win and be prepared to pay for their bottles that night.
Here is the full draft list for our special fundraising evening with Fremont:
- 2015 Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star
- 2016 Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star
- 2016 Coffee Edition Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star
- 2016 Spice Wars Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star
- 2016 The Rusty Nail
- 2015 B-Bomb
- Cowiche Canyon Fresh Hop Ale
- Bonfire Ale infused with Tart Cherries, Vanilla & Cinnamon
- Wandering Wheat infused with Chamomile
Crazy Mountain & Bitter Root Tasting at Belmont Station
Four years ago Crazy Mountain Brewing began to distribute in Oregon when it signed with Bigfoot Beverage in Eugene. At that time we visited its brewery in Edwards, Colorado and wrote this article. Since this visit Crazy Mountain has now added another brewery in Denver at the former Breckenridge Brewery location across from Coors Field. The brewery had also pulled out of the Oregon market. Now Crazy Mountain is once again re-entering the Oregon market in Portland through the LGM Distributing, a new distributor from Adam Steffen.
On Thursday, November 3rd, LGM Distributing will be sampling Crazy Mountain Brewing along with Bitter Root Brewing from Hamilton, Montana at Belmont Station.
Crazy Mountain Brewing:
- Lawyer Guns & Money Barley Wine – This beer is a celebration of our anniversary as well as one of our favorite songs. We use an assortment of crystal malts and throw a little molasses into the Brew Kettle to give a hearty maltiness. Dry hopping with American Hops gives this English style a refreshing American twist. Be cautious with this beer as overindulgence can result in the shit hitting the fan. IBU 56 – ABV 10.0%
- Locals’ Stash Series Grapefruit IPA – Bold and bitter, this imperial IPA will leave an everlasting taste on your palette. The grapefruit notes mixed with the bitterness from the hops will you make you pucker up. This IPA finishes with sweetness from the malts in order to create a perfect combination of sweet and sour. IBU 80 – ABV 9.0%
- Emotional Rescue DIPA – This is an ever-evolving beer for us. It is an opportunity to experiment with a wide variety of experimental hops. The profile of this beer changes batch to batch due to the hops we use. Each brew showcases a different varietal of hop but the idea stays the same—a deliciously educational way to learn about new hops. IBU 100 – ABV 9.0%
- Snowcat Coffee Stout – This winter brew is an ode to the colorful characters—those who flatten snow in the wee hours of the night, ascending into darkness without fear, and living in a world of powder. It is for these “Midnight Marauders” that we took some local artisanal roasted coffee and brewed it up in a stout made up of a complex blend of roasted malts. Enjoy this beer in the morning or evening, to get you through the long winter months. IBU 57 – ABV 5.9%
Bitter Root Brewing:
- Single Hop Pale Ale – This big Northwest style Pale Ale is brewed exclusively using CTZ hops. This medium bodied brew has citrus and grapefruit flavors with a long yet dry hop finish. IBU 38 – ABV 6.3%
- Bitter Root IPA – Our namesake IPA is a Brewery favorite! Brewed with Montana grown and malted barley and Citra hops, this Northwest IPA is perfectly balanced and will surely peak your interest. IBU 45 – ABV 6.2%
- Last Cast Black IPA – The Black IPA has become a favorite seasonal brew for our Bitter Root Brewery customers. This big, dark IPA has a huge Citra hop nose with a strong malt influence. The malt flavors dominate with a hefty hope backbone. IBU 56 – ABV 7%
4500 SE Stark Street
Portland, OR 97215