Keeping to its yearly tradition, Portland’s The Hop & Vine will once again welcome Block 15 to takeover their taps for one evening. And this evening is tonight beginning at 5:00pm.
In previous years The Hop & Vine only had 8 taps to fill up, but with the expansion of taps into their Bottleshop Bar directly next door, they can now pour more great beers from Block 15. With these additional taps this year’s takeover the best & biggest yet!
The Hop & Vine has been patiently sitting on some of the more cellar-worthy gems from Block 15’s barrel program and will be filling out the list with even more wild-fermented beers, some of Block 15’s award-worthy hoppy beers, and standout selections from their core lineup for variety.
The evening’s taplist from Block 15 includes:
- Cherry Imagine – Belgian-style imperial stout aged 1-2 years in bourbon barrels, then conditioned on sour cherry juice
- Interstellar Darkness – Belgian imperial stout w/ cocoa nibs and tahitian vanilla beans
- Brewer’s Brunch Blend 2014 – A blend of 30% Honeybell wild & sour tangelo farmhouse ale, 30% spontaneously-fermented Turbulent Consequence, and 40% Tripel conditioned in French Cognac barrels w/ grapefruit juice!
- Marionberry Wildfire – An Imperial Adambier matured 3 years in oak barrels w/ lactobacillus, then conditioned on marionberries
- Hypnosis – Barleywine aged 26 months in 15 & 20-year Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon Barrels
- Alpha IPA
- Sticky Hands IIPA
- The Incredible IIIPA – A luscious Imperial Double IPA
- Giving Thanks – A blend of Belgian-style Dubbel & strong ales, matured 11-28 months in brandy and 2nd-use bourbon & rum barrels
- Induction – Small beer from the 2nd runnings of Hypnosis
- Glo Golden Lager
If you missed some of these beers being poured at Block 15 over the past few months, this is a great opportunity to make it by The Hop & Vine.
The Hop & Vine
1914 N Killingsworth St
Portland, OR 97217