Just as many of us will be hitting the highway for some summer road trips, Saraveza Bottle Shop & Pasty Tavern has decided to bring some outlying breweries all within a 2 hour drive for a three part series of Beer Staycations. For this series Saraveza will feature breweries from Vancouver and Washougal on June 12th, Eugene and Springfield on June 17th and closing out the series with breweries from The Gorge on June 18th.
The best part of this series is that you get to enjoy the beer, cider and mead without leaving Portland! Look for rare brews and be ready to share pints and hang out with the brewers and various members of their crew.
Vanshougal Ground Staycation
Friday, June 12th – 6:00 to 9:00pm
It’s breweries from north of the border in Washington. This evening will feature Vancouver and Washougal breweries along with a meadery from Battle Ground.
Draft list for the evening will include:
- Amnesia & Old Ivy’s first ever collaboration brew, “Vanshougal Weisse”. Sean Thommen & Chris Spollen got back together to brew this beer, which is a Berliner Weisse style using WA specific ingredients. We will also have:
- Amnesia – Copulation IPA – described as if “Copacetic” and “Desolation” were to hook up.
- Ethereal Meads – Ruby Sunset – Strawberry/Cranberry Mead made w/local Blackberry Honey
- Heathen – Vantucky – Strong Pale Ale
- Heathen – Quad Damn! – Belgian Style Quad
- Loowit – Shadow Ninja – IPA
- Loowit – Silver Star – Saison
- Old Ivy – Kahlua Porter – Porter aged on Kahlua soaked oak chips
- Mt. Tabor – Amarillo Smash – Single Hop Pale Ale
- Mt. Tabor – Red Rye-der – IRRA
Eugene & Springfield Staycation
Wednesday, June 17th – 6:00 to 9:00pm
The farthest drive from Portland is saved for this evening that will feature beers from Eugene and Springfield.
Eugene/Springfield Night with draft from:
- Agrarian – Kashyyyk: A Belgian Strong Dark named for Chewbacca’s home planet & originally brewed for the Sasquatch Brewfest in Eugene
- Claim 52 – Kölsch: a traditional German pale ale featuring prominent hops and finishing crisp with hints of melon and pear. The McKenzie River is mostly to blame for this award-winning brew as its mineral profile is perfect for the style.
- Falling Sky – TBD
- Hop Valley – Hop Valley Hefe – Unfiltered German Style Hefeweizen w/Lemon Drop Hops
- Ninkasi – Ground Control: Imperial Stout brewed with Oregon hazelnuts, star anise and cocoa nibs and fermented with an Ale yeast that survived a trip to space and back.
- Oakshire – Stone Free: A Cranberry Ginger Wild Ale brewed for the Portland Fruit Beer Festival.
- Planktown – Lost City: El Dorado Single Hop IPA
- Sam Bonds Brewing Co – Crankshaft: IPA with Citra Hops
- Viking Braggot – Reverence – Dry Hopped Red Ale w/Orange Blossom Honey – Recently voted as “Best Brew” at the first annual Eugene Culture Clash!
- Wildcraft Ciderworks – Rosebud – Wild fermented cider with hand harvested OR wild roses
Breweries in The Gorge Staycation
Thursday, June 18th – 6:00 to 9:00pm
The newly founded “Breweries in the Gorge” aka BIG, will be in-house to chat about their organizational goals and passport program. Saraveza will feature drafts from all ten breweries including: Backwoods, Big Horse, Double Mountain, Everybody’s, Full Sail, Logsdon, pFriem, Solera, Thunder Island & Walking Man.
Here’s the BIG draft list:
- Backwoods – Clear Cut Pale: Made with a blend of hops from the NW, Germany and Australia, this pale packs a brilliant hop aroma and flavor from the start, and finishes light and crisp.
- Big Horse – Badfish IPA: American Citrus hops paired with New Zealand Galaxy hops.
- Double Mountain – Cluster F#@!: Single Hop IPA
- Everybody’s – Cocoa Gose: a copper colored sour beer with cocoa and sea salt. This will be the next release from their Tiny Tank Series.
- Full Sail – Pilsner
- Logsdon – Seizoen Bretta
- pFriem – Equinox Single Hop Pale
- Solera – Izzy Stardust: A tart refreshing wheat beer, fermented with multiple lactobacillus strains and raspberries.
- Thunder Island – Cascadian Dark Rye w/Equinox hops. Roasted malt character meets the classic IPA bitterness with a hint of spiciness from an addition of American Rye. This beer is dry hopped with Equinox which lends a dank, juicy hop aroma and flavor.
- Walking Man – Iron Man Seasonal IIPA: Brewed once a year to commemorate the life of friend and blacksmith Jim Caldwell, Iron Man lives up to it’s name. This bold and powerful IIPA is a serious hop bomb. Resinous pine and grapefruit lead to a full mouthfeel. Brewed with Orange Blossom Honey and Agave Nectar. Aggressively hopped with Columbus, Ella and Centennial then dry hopped with Cascade, Centennial and CTZ.
Saraveza Bottle Shop & Pasty
1004 North Killingsworth Street
Portland, OR 97217