BOSTON, May 11, 2015 – Over the years, the brewers at Samuel Adams have released hundreds of beer styles, and crafted more than 60 styles last year alone. Although they may not all be in current rotation, they are far from forgotten. Craft beer drinkers reach out to the brewers daily with pleas to bring back their favorite Samuel Adams styles, and beginning today they can help make that happen. Based on the input of beer drinkers everywhere, Samuel Adams brewers will pull recipes from their “vault” and ultimately choose two winning brews to be re-released nationally for a limited time. Through online and in-person voting, drinkers will determine which two brews will emerge from the Samuel Adams “vault” for national distribution in early 2016.
Here’s how craft beer drinkers can make their voices heard:
- Starting May 11th, craft beer drinkers can visit http://www.samueladams.com/drinker-favorites to select their four favorite brews (out of 16 possible options), that they’d like to see back on shelves. Drinkers can return once a day to vote for their favorites.
- After voting closes on May 25th, Samuel Adams will tally the votes and brew the four beers that get the most votes.
The four finalist brews will be poured in July and August at the Boston Brewery and select beer festivals nationwide, and a final round of online voting will take place during the summer, where drinkers can vote for the two final winning brews.
- The two beers that get the most votes will be declared winners and re-released in the January 2016 Samuel Adams Variety Pack.
“We’ve been brewing boundary-pushing beers for over 30 years, but with innovation comes the inevitability of having to tuck away the recipes for some our favorite brews to save for another day,” said Samuel Adams founder and brewer Jim Koch. “We hear from our drinkers nearly every day asking us to re-release their favorites, so we’re excited to make these brews available once again on a national level.”
The 16 brews from the Samuel Adams “vault” include:
- Black & Brew Coffee Stout (2011*)
- Black Lager (2004)
- Blackberry Witbier (2008)
- Honey Porter (2002)
- Mighty Oak Ale (2011)
- Pale Ale (1999)
- Brown Ale (2005)
- Cranberry Lambic (1990)
- East West Kolsch® (2011)
- Revolutionary Rye® Ale (2010)
- Rustic Saison (2011)
- Scotch Ale (1995)
- Vienna Lager (2002)
- Weiss Bier (2001)
- Golden Pilsner (1996)
- Hefeweizen (2003)
Craft beer lovers can visit SamuelAdams.com/drinker-favorites for more information and to vote for their favorite brews from the Samuel Adams “vault.”