Dogfish Head Craft Brewery is excited to announce its 2020 Beer Release Calendar that will see over 160 offerings being released within the new 2020 calendar year.
In May 2019, Dogfish Head was acquired by The Boston Beer Co., makers of Samuel Adams beers. To stay in the minds of craft beer drinkers, Dogfish Head will release more than 160 products in the coming year, many will only be available at its pubs. These 160 releases will include national releases such as its 60 Minute, 90 Minute and 120 Minute IPAs to regional only available beers to its lineup of distilled spirits.
“The announcement of our yearly lineup of releases is always one of my favorite moments of the year, especially since it includes so many creative and still-to-be invented offerings,” said Sam Calagione, founder of Dogfish Head, in a prepared statement. “While our calendar of nationally-distributed brands is ready to roll, many of our regional and local releases remain in ideation. This allows our talented brewers and distillers, and me, the flexibility to quickly consider whims, hunches, artistic trends and the following of our collective muse to inform our creative journey.”
Folks local to its brewery in Delaware can expect a variety of limited-edition, 750ml bottles from the brewery’s R&DFH Series for purchase at its production facility in Milton, Delaware, as well as an abundance of draft-only beers for enjoyment at the brewery’s Milton Tasting Room & Kitchen and Rehoboth Beach Brewpub. Additionally, throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the brewery will distribute a selection of small-batch, 375mL bottles from its ‘Wooden … it be nice!’ wild beer program.
Here’s a brief rundown on some of the more extensive offerings that Dogfish Head will bring forth in the year 2020.
Dogfish Head Year-Round Offerings:
- Slightly Mighty(4.0% ABV) – a lo-cal IPA with all the flavor and tropical aromas of a world class IPA, but only 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 1g protein and 0g fat per 12oz serving
- 60 Minute IPA(6.0% ABV) – a continually hopped, East Coast IPA brewed with a slew of Northwest hops for a powerful, but balanced citrusy hop character
- SeaQuench Ale(4.9% ABV) – a super-refreshing session sour mashup of a Kolsch, Gose and Berlinerweiss brewed with lime peel, black limes and sea salt
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA(9.0% ABV) – an imperial IPA chock full of heavy aromas of pine resin and citrus, and flavors of brandied fruit cake, orange marmalade and toffee
- SuperEIGHT(5.3% ABV) – a full-flavored sour brewed with a bevy of heroic ingredients, including prickly pear, mango, boysenberry, blackberry, raspberry, elderberry, kiwi, red quinoa and Hawaiian sea salt
- Liquid Truth Serum(7.0% ABV) – an unfiltered IPA brewed with whole leaf, liquefied, pelletized and powered hops for citrusy, tropical notes and a juicy, hoppy flavor
- Midas Touch(9.0% ABV) – a beer/wine/mead hybrid brewed with saffron for a sweet, yet dry, recreation of an ancient liquid found in King Midas’ tomb
- Palo Santo Marron(12.0% ABV) – an unfiltered, unfettered, unprecedented brown ale aged on Palo Santo wood
- American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA(7.0%) ABV – a newly-released collaboration with the Grateful Dead that is brewed with spelt, an ancient heirloom grain that contributes earthy notes and a natural haze, and dosed with a special yeast strain designed to liberate hop aromatics
To celebrate the creation and release of American Beauty Hazy Ripple IPA, David Lemieux, archivist and legacy manager for the Grateful Dead, will host a beer dinner at Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats in Rehoboth on Friday, February 28. For details and information regarding ticket sales, email email@example.com.
Dogfish Head Off-Centered Art Series Beers:
For Dogfish Head’s 2019-2020 Off-Centered Art Series, the brewery partnered with world-renowned artist and illustrator Dan Stiles to develop innovative, new label artwork for four of its offbeat brews. 75 Minute IPA, the first beer in the 2019-2020 lineup, was released in October 2019. The remaining beers in the 2019-2020 Off-Centered Art Series – The Perfect Disguise, Sun-Day-Feels and Punkin Ale – will drop throughout 2020.
- The Perfect Disguise(8.0% ABV) – an American, double dry-hopped IPA disguised as a Kolsch
- Sun-Day-Feels(6.5% ABV) – a new, brunch-inspired, beer-mosa sour brewed with pureed peaches, wine grapes and a medley of citrus fruit
- Punkin Ale(7.0% ABV) – a full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin, brown sugar, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon
- Campfire Amplifier(7.5% ABV) – a new, s-mores-centric milk stout brewed with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate and a touch of smoked malt
Campfire Amplifier will be the first beer released from the brewery’s 2020-2021 Off-Centered Art Series next fall. Collaborating artist TBD.
Dogfish Head Rare Releases:
- Vibrant P’Ocean(4.7% ABV) – a new, blended sour brewed in collaboration with Rodenbach Brewery that boasts tart, dry flavors of jammy berries and floral lemon
- 120 Minute IPA(15-20% ABV) – an imperial IPA continually hopped throughout the boil, then intensely dry hopped with a blend of citrusy and piney Pacific Northwest hops
- Costumes & Karaoke(8.0% ABV) – a new, complex oat cream ale brewed with turmeric, ginger, yellow cardamom, cinnamon and smoked star anise, and aged on Madagascar vanilla beans
To locate any of these Dogfish Head beer offerings in 2020, use its Fish Finder to better your search.