Dogfish Head Reveals 2023 Beverage Release Calendar
MILTON, Del., (DEC. 8, 2022) – “It’s the most wonderful time FOR A BEER” … or Canned Cocktail! With the holiday season comes Dogfish Head’s announcement of its annual beverage release calendar, complete with a list of all the new off-centered ales, spirits and Canned Cocktails folks can expect to see on shelves in 2023. With more than a dozen new products and packages on the docket, next year’s lineup of libations offers something for every drinker to enjoy.
Off-Centered Art Series Ales:
Celebrating the magic at the intersection of art and ales, Dogfish Head’s annual Off-Centered Art Series is a collection of four beers featuring label artwork by a different artist. Next year’s Off-Centered Art Series beers will boast designs by New York City-based artist, Natalya Balnova. Best known for magical and mystical illustrations, Natalya works as an illustrator, designer and printmaker, and often self-publishes her own silkscreened books, posters and apparel. Check out her whimsical graphics wrapping the CANS of the following beers, which drop throughout 2023.
- NEW Nordic Spring (6.5% ABV): A super citrusy hazy IPA brewed with Norwegian Kveik yeast, wild juniper berries and orange peel. Hitting shelves nationwide NOW!
- Mandarin & Mango Crush (6.0% ABV): A summer-centric beer brewed with pureed mandarin orange and mango for light and crush-able flavors of bright orange, tangerine and mango.
- Punkin Ale (7.0% ABV): A fall-favorite, full-bodied brown ale brewed with real pumpkin meat, brown sugar and spices.
- Crimson Cru (7.1% ABV): A full-bodied sweet and sour red ale with notes of red fruit, citrus, caramel and toffee brewed in collaboration with Belgium’s Rodenbach Brewery.
CANS?! That’s right! For the first time, Dogfish Head’s Off-Centered Art Series ales will be released in 6pk/12oz cans, providing fans with a whole new drinking experience.
Every Day, Year-Round Beers:
Dogfish Head’s list of year-round beers includes not only its continually hopped classics, 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute IPA, but also a handful of sessionable sippers, SeaQuench Ale, Slightly Mighty and Blue Hen Pilsner, and a brand-new beer-cocktail hybrid, Citrus Squall.
- NEW Citrus Squall (8.0% ABV): The perfect storm of a double golden ale and a paloma cocktail brewed with blue agave nectar, lime peels and grapefruit juice.
- 60 Minute IPA (6.0% ABV): A continually hopped, east coast IPA brewed with a slew of intense Northwest hops to deliver a pungently, citrusy, grassy hop flavor without being crushingly bitter.
- 90 Minute Imperial IPA (9.0% ABV): One of the first continually hopped beers whose powerful malt backbone supports its extreme hopping rate for rich pine and fruity citrus hop aromas, and a pungent, not crushing, hop flavor.
- SeaQuench Ale (4.9% ABV): A session sour mash-up of a crisp Kolsch, a salty Gose and a tart Beliner Weiss brewed in sequence with black limes, sour lime juice and sea salt.
- Slightly Mighty (4.0% ABV): A lo-cal IPA that is slight in calories and carbs with mighty hop character and has just 95 calories, 3.6g carbs, 1g protein and 0g fat per 12oz can.
- Blue Hen Pilsner (4.8% ABV): Crisp and refreshing pilsner is brewed with only four ingredients: water, yeast, earthy Saaz hops, and Delaware-grown and malted barley. *Available in select East Coast markets only *
Occasional & Limited-Release Beers & Variety Packs:
Made up of beers clocking in at 15.0% ABV or higher, Dogfish Head’s Caution Cap series is marked by distinct neon yellow and black bottle caps, each adorned with a “caution” exclamation mark … er, shark. This eye-catching indication denotes a beer that is a perfect candidate for laying down to age.
- NEW Utopias Barrel-Aged 120 Minute IPA (15-20% ABV): An unfiltered and abundantly hoppy Imperial IPA that is continuously hopped with a copious amount of high-alpha American hops throughout the boil and whirlpool, and then dry-hopped with a boatload of hops. For additional complexity and flavor, this version of Dogfish Head’s cult-classic 120 Minute IPA was aged in freshly emptied Samuel Adams Utopias barrels.
- World Wide Stout (15-20% ABV): A highly sought-after imperial stout brewed with a ridiculous amount of barley for a boisterous beer that is dark, rich and roasty.
Beer lovers along the East Coast will also see a selection of limited-edition 4pk/16oz can releases, including a new collaboration with Record Store Day, a Dogfish Head brewpub exclusive turned regional beer launch and a highly requested off-centered ale returning from the brewery’s archive of “legacy beers.”
- NEW Catchy Chorus (9.0% ABV): A hazy double dry-hopped double IPA brewed in collaboration with Record Store Day that doubles down on four harmonious hop varieties to deliver a taste bud tantalizing sensory song.
- BoDeGose (5.0% ABV): A session sour brewed in collaboration with New York’s TALEA Beer Co. using a medley of ingredients – cherry, pink peppercorn and exotic guava – found among Brooklyn’s many bodegas.
- Pennsylvania Tuxedo (8.5% ABV): A spruce-infused pale ale brewed with real spruce tips for an easy-drinking concoction with a grassy citrus kick and resinous conifer notes.
Let’s not forget variety packs! In 2023, Dogfish Head will debut four unique variety 12pk/12oz cans, each with four tasty brews, including at least one new or variety pack exclusive beer.
- Continually Hopped Variety Pack: A variety 12pk/12oz cans featuring four continually hopped beers, including 60 Minute IPA and 90 Minute IPA alongside two variety pack exclusive beers, Dogfish Head Un’Ora, a continually hopped Italian pilsner, and a continually hopped version of the brewery’s original pale ale, Shelter Pale Ale. Available nationwide NOW!
- Spring Variety Pack: A warm weather-centric variety 12pk/12oz cans containing 60 Minute IPA, SeaQuench Ale, Blue Hen Pilsner and the brewery’s new Citrus Squall.
- Fall & Winter Variety Packs: More details coming soon.
Culinary-Crafted Canned Cocktails:
Harnessing 20+ years of distilling experience, Dogfish Head’s spirits-based, ready-to-drink Canned Cocktails feature two full-proof shots of the brand’s house-made spirits combined with real culinary ingredients for a bar-quality taste. In 2023, Dogfish Head will add three new recipes to its portfolio, bringing its lineup of Canned Cocktails to seven uniquely tasty tipples.
- NEW Grapefruit & Pomegranate Vodka Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over grapefruit and pomegranates for a zippy and refreshing libation bursting with juicy flavor.
- Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over real blood oranges and mangos and blended with “crushed” orange and mango juices, and a hint of citrus for a light, refreshing and juicy fruit flavor.
- Lemon & Lime Gin Crush (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co.’s bright and citrusy gin blended with freshly “crushed” lemon and lime juices, and a touch of basil for a deliciously citrusy and herbaceous, palate-cleansing concoction.
- Strawberry & Honeyberry Vodka Lemonade (7.0%ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over honeyberries, macerated with strawberries and blended with lemonade resulting in the well-balanced tartness of fresh-squeezed lemon combined with a sweet berry taste.
- Blueberry Shrub Vodka Soda (7.0% ABV): Dogfish Head Distilling Co. vodka distilled over blueberries, macerated with lightly sweetened balsamic and red wine vinegar, and blended with soda water for a deep, burgundy-colored drink that is subtly sweet from the blueberries, with a slightly sour and complex fruity character from the vinegar.
- REFRESHED Bar Cart Variety Pack: A variety 8pk/12oz cans featuring four of Dogfish Head’s Canned Cocktail recipes – Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush, Blueberry Shrub Vodka Soda, Strawberry & Honeyberry Vodka Lemonade and a new variety pack exclusive, Cranberry & Apple Vodka Mule.
- NEW Crush Canned Cocktail Variety Pack: An all-new variety 8pk/12oz cans containing four different Crush Canned Cocktail recipes, including Blood Orange & Mango Vodka Crush and Lemon & Lime Gin Crush alongside the new Grapefruit & Pomegranate Vodka Crush and a variety pack exclusive creation, Pineapple & Orange Rum Crush.
Full-Proof Spirits & Liqueurs:
For drinkers seeking something more exclusive in nature, check out Dogfish Head’s myriad of award-winning full-proof spirits, liqueurs and bottled cocktails. Available in DE, MD, NJ, NY, WA, HI & IN.
- NEW Alternate Takes 4 Whiskey (45% ABV): Limited-edition spirit featuring Dogfish Head’s American single malt whiskey finished in Samuel Adams Utopias barrels and Oloroso Sherry barrels.
- Let’s Get Lost Whiskey (51% ABV): Dogfish Head’s award-winning American single malt whiskey distilled from a custom blend of malted barley and aged for more than three years in charred oak barrels.
- Hull & Helm Whiskey (40% ABV): A delicately aged and reliably smooth American whiskey built on a custom blend of malted barley and aged in lightly charred oak barrels for a medium body and notes of butterscotch, cedar, walnut and raspberries.
- Compelling Gin (44% ABV): A bright and citrusy gin distilled with juniper, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorn and a mix of orange, lemon and lime peels.
- Analog Vodka (40% ABV): An authentic and lusciously smooth vodka with expected flavor from its base of malted barley, milled, fermented and distilled in-house.
- Barrel Honey Rum (40% ABV): A complex and incredibly smooth distilled with sugar cane molasses and honey, and aged in American oak casks.
- Sonic Archeology (25% ABV): A Prohibition-inspired, ready-to-pour cocktail featuring Dogfish Head’s whiskey, rum and apple brandy mixed with honey, lemon and pomegranate juices.
- Punkin Liqueur (30% ABV): A fall-centric spirit distilled from Dogfish Head’s Punkin Ale and aged in Dogfish Head rum barrels.
Learn more about Dogfish Head’s beers, spirits or Canned Cocktails at www.dogfish.com.
**Dogfish Head’s Canned Cocktails are not yet available in PA, NC, WV, AL, AR, MT, UT, WY or OR.
Dogfish Head Craft Brewery:
Dogfish Head has proudly focused on brewing beers with culinary ingredients outside the Reinheitsgebot since the day it opened as one of the smallest American craft breweries more than 27 years ago. Dogfish Head has grown into a top-20 craft brewery and won numerous awards throughout the years, including Wine Enthusiast’s 2015 Brewery of the Year and the James Beard Foundation Award for 2017 Outstanding Wine, Spirits, or Beer Professional. A Delaware-based brand with Dogfish Head Brewings & Eats®, an off-centered brewpub and distillery, Chesapeake & Maine®, Dogfish Head’s seafood and cocktail spot, Dogfish Inn®, a beer-themed inn on the harbor, and Dogfish Head Craft Brewery®, a production brewery and distillery featuring the Tasting Room & Kitchen and Dogfish Head Distilling Co. ®, Dogfish Head is a supporter of the Independent Craft Brewing Seal, the definitive icon for American craft breweries to identify themselves to be independently-owned and carry the torch of transparency, brewing innovation and the freedom of choice originally forged by brewing community pioneers. Dogfish Head currently sells beer in all 50 states and Washington D.C. For more, visit www.dogfish.com, Facebook: @dogfishheadbeer, Twitter: @dogfishbeer, and Instagram: @dogfishhead.