The beer lovers at Belmont Station offer a massive day of tastings and special drafts represented by the people who brew them. Meet a bunch of great Oregon craft brewers, most of whom are not represented at the big Oregon Brewers Festival. All this is happening on Saturday July 24, 2010.
* HEATER ALLEN BREWING. Brewer/founder Rick Allen will pour tastes of his authentic German-style lagers and weizens brewed in McMinnville, OR. Bottles always for sale at Belmont Station. Isarweizen and Pils on draft.
* HOP VALLEY BREWING. Brewer/owner Trevor Howard will pour tastes of Alphadelic IPA, Natty Imperial Red, and Elias Briggs Cream Ale from bottles (we will also have a limited supply of bottles for sale for the first time in Southeast Portland). Hop Valley Natty Imperial Red and VIP Porter on draft.
* FIRE MOUNTAIN BREWING. Brewer/founder Henry Gorgas will pour tastes of his Oregon Pale Ale, Bad Henry IPA, and Steam Stout brewed in Carlton, OR. Bad Henry IPA on draft.
* PALE HORSE BREWING. Brewer Josh Frank and one of the Pale Horse founders will pour tastes of their Amber, Pale, IPA, and Stout brewed in Salem, OR.
Also featured throughout the day:
* GILGAMESH BREWING. Nick and Lani Radtke and likely a few more members of this Turner, OR family brewery will be here with some of their super-creative drafts: Chocolate Mint Stout, Monster IPA, and Mamba beer brewed with tea and no hops.
* BONEYARD BEER. The founder/brewers of this new Bend, OR craft brewery will be here to chat about their beers. Bone-A-Fide Pale Ale and Black 13 on draft.
* BARLEY BROWN’S BREWPUB. Brewer Shawn Kelso’s WFO IPA (cask conditioned) on the beer engine all day. This is one of the best IPAs you may never have tasted and it’s even rarer to have it on cask. From Baker City, OR.
* BREWERS UNION LOCAL 180. Brewer/owner Ted Sobel will be serving two of his authentic British style Cask Conditioned Beers from traditional Beer Engines: “Wotcha” Best Bitter, (4.4%) & “60 Love” Hoppy Amber Liquid Refreshment (5.4%ABV).
Brewed in Oakridge, OR. These real ales will be served Saturday only. If you miss them you have to go to Oakridge (worth the trip when you have the time!)
We spoke with Belmont Station owner Carl Singmaster about this day of Oregon craft beer. Here’s the interview:
Angelo grew up in Maine and is proud to call New England his original home. Cascadia is now his home. He fell in love with great beer in Oregon, Washington, and Northern California.
He has been a correspondent for the Portland Tribune's Guest on Tap column, LivePDX.com, and has been featured in publications such as Beer Northwest and PDX Magazine. Angelo also has a great interest in independent music, and has been a booker and organizer for shows around the Portland under the name Pop Tomorrow! Angelo garnered much knowledge regarding beer from his experiences homebrewing, working at Belmont Station, Pyramid Brewing, Upright Brewing, By the Bottle, Beer Revolution, Olde Depot Public House, Falling Sky Brewing, Cascade Brewing, and from many many knowledgeable, passionate, and loving people along the way. It is Angelo's mission to bring "infotainment" and "edumation" to the readers of this website. If you have any questions or comments, or would like to contribute, please contact me at email@example.com