On Saturday, November 23, 2013, Southeast Portland’s Imperial Bottle Shop hosts Finnriver Farms and Cidery for an afternoon of cider and cheese pairings with The Cheese Plate. This special pairing event will take place from 2:00 to 5:00pm. Such a fun and enjoying way to spend your fall Saturday afternoon.
Tickets are currently on-sale for $25 each for 5 custom pairings of Finnriver cider and local Oregon cheese. Ticket can either be purchased online here, by calling Imperial Bottle Shop at (971) 302-6899 or by stopping Imperial at 3090 SE Division St.
The cider and cheese pairings include (baguettes also provided):
- Artisan Methode Champenoise Cider – Handcrafted with care in the labor-intensive méthode champenoise from tart, organic Washington dessert apples. A dry, crisp, effervescent cider. A unique sparkling alternative for fine occasions. Double-gold medal winner, 2011 Seattle Wine Awards. American Champagne Toast, 2012 Good Food Awards.
Cheese: La Mariposa Creamery 5 Corners – Gruyere style, raw cow’s milk. Albany, OR
- Dry-Hopped Cider – A cider tribute to hop lovers, made with earthy heirloom and organic Washington dessert apples, and blended with the bold citrus and fine floral tones of organic Cascade hops. A sparkling, hopped surprise. 6 oz pour.
Cheese: Rogue Creamery Crater Lake Blue – Raw cow’s milk blue, cave-aged 8 months. Central Point, OR.
- Sparkling Pear Cider – A refreshing, elegant sparkling hard cider made from earthy heirloom and organic Washington dessert apples, blended with the elegant sweetness and subtle delights of organic pear.
Cheese: Rivers Edge Chèvre Up In Smoke – Smoked fresh chèvre, wrapped in smoked maple leaves which are spritzed with bourbon. Logsden, OR
- Winter Seasonal Cranberry Rosehip Cider – brilliant red hue, tart, bright profile with a subtle herbaceous note
Cheese: Willamette Valley Cheese Perrydale – Aged gouda style, sheep and cow’s milk. Salem, OR
- Black Currant Apple Brandy Wine served in chocolate cordial cups – Handcrafted sumptuous fruit wine made by blending custom-distilled apple brandy with the sweet essence of organic black currants.
Cheese: Briar Rose Creamery Lorelei – Robiola style, goat’s milk, washed in Laurelwood Brewery Workhorse IPA. Dundee, OR
If you are a fan of cider, Finnriver is definitely one to seek out. Located in Washington’s Olympic Peninusula in the Chimacum Valley, Finriver is a 33 acre organic family farm and an artisan winery producing handcrafted hard ciders and fruit wines. Finnriver is committed to handcrafting both traditional and innovative hard ciders with a base of 100% apple juice, primarily Washington organic and Olympic Peninsula homestead apples. Their ciders are based on old hard cider traditions with modern perspective of what can be done with fermented apples.
Finnriver & The Cheese Plate Pairing
Imperial Bottle Shop
3090 SE Division St
Portland, OR 97202
2-5pm Saturday 11/23/13