- This event has passed.
12th Annual Hood River Hops Fest
September 26, 2015 @ 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Hood River, Ore. — August 13, 2015 — Hood River, Oregon will be hop-ping again this fall with the return of Hood River Hops Fest, presented by CH2M. Now in its 12th year, this one-day festival features one of the largest fresh-hop beer selections in the nation, showcasing more than 60 fresh-hop beers from three-dozen Northwest breweries. Held in the heart of picturesque Hood River, this year’s festival is Saturday, September 26, 2015, from noon to 8 PM.
Showing off their seasonal brews will be numerous local breweries – including Double Mountain Brewery, Full Sail Brewing and pFriem Family Brewers – and regional and national heavyweights. There will also be a small selection of local hop ciders. A full list of participating breweries will be announced in early September.
With the light, fruity aroma of summer beers behind them and the heavy, bold flavor of winter ales on the horizon, many brewers look forward to the short window of time every fall when they can incorporate freshly harvested hops into their brews. The resulting fresh hop varieties are unpredictable, limited and loved by many.
“Hood River Hops Fest is one of the country’s longest-running beer festivals specializing in the unique flavor of seasonal, fresh hop beer. Plus, it has an unparalleled setting in the beautiful Columbia River Gorge,” said Mike Glover, CEO of the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce, host of the event. “We look forward to welcoming people to wildly gorge-ous Hood River to enjoy all that the area has to offer.”
In addition to fresh-hops beer and cider, Hood River Hops Fest features local cuisine, wine from Naked Winery, arts and crafts vendors from the Northwest, a children’s play area, fun contests, and a day-long line-up of live music, with local and regional musicians. Children are welcome throughout the afternoon until 5 PM; in the evening, the venue is open to adults only until closing.
The list of 2015 Hood River Hops Fest Breweries include:
- Amnesia Brewing (Washougal, WA)
- Backwoods Brewing Company (Carson, WA)
- Baerlic Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Barley Brown’s Beer (Baker City, OR)
- Base Camp Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Beer Valley (Ontario, OR)
- Big Horse Brew Pub (Hood River, OR)
- Breakside Brewery (Portland, OR)
- BridgePort Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Burnside Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Coalition Brewing Company (Portland, OR)
- Crux Fermentation Project (Bend, OR)
- Deschutes Brewery (Bend, OR)
- Double Mountain Brewery (Hood River, OR)
- Ecliptic Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Elysian Brewing Company (Seattle, WA)
- Everybody’s Brewing (White Salmon, WA)
- Ex Novo Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Fort George Brewery (Astoria, OR)
- Full Sail Brewing Company (Hood River, OR)
- Gigantic Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Golden Valley Brewery (Beaverton, OR)
- GoodLife Brewing Co. (Bend, OR)
- Hopworks Urban Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Lagunitas Brewing Company (Petaluma, CA)
- Laurelwood Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Logsdon Farmhouse Ales (Hood River, OR)
- Migration Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Oakshire Brewing (Eugene, OR)
- pFriem Family Brewers (Hood River, OR)
- PINTS Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Sasquatch Brewing Co. (Portland, OR)
- Solera Brewery (Mt. Hood, OR)
- Stickmen Brewing Company (Lake Oswego, OR)
- Terminal Gravity Brewing (Enterprise, OR)
- Three Creeks Brewing Co. (Sisters, OR)
- Upright Brewing (Portland, OR)
- Vertigo Brewing (Hillsboro, OR)
- Walking Man Brewing (Stevenson, WA)
- Wild Ride (Redmond, OR)
- Worthy Brewing (Bend, OR)
HOOD RIVER HOPS FEST DETAILS
Saturday, September 26, 2015. Open to all ages from 12-5 pm, and adults ages 21 and over from 5-8 p.m.
Downtown Hood River, Oregon, in the Columbia Parking Lot (between 5th & 7th Streets and Cascade Avenue and Columbia Street).
- 21+ Entry Only Ticket: $5
- 21+ Beer Garden Ticket: $15. Includes entry, commemorative glass mug and five 3.5 oz. taste tokens
- 21+ Brewers Tent Ticket: $50. Includes access to the Official Hops Fest Brewers Tent, commemorative glass mug, 15 3.5 oz. taste tokens and a ticket for the Painted Hills Beef Bar.
- Under 21: Free admission. Note: The venue is open to adults only from 5 PM until closing at 8 PM.
- Tickets can be purchased in advance through Brown Paper Tickets, or at the entrance the day of the event.
Call the Hood River County Chamber of Commerce at (541) 386-2000 or visit the official Hood River Hops Fest website and Facebook page.
About Hood River Hops Fest
Hosted annually by the Hood River Chamber of Commerce, Hood River Hops Fest is a beer lover’s dream. The event showcases more than 60 fresh-hop brews from throughout the Northwest, as well as favorites from Hood River County’s own microbreweries. It received the silver medal for Best Beer Festival from the 2015 Willamette Week Oregon Beer Awards, and was named Best Event of the Gorge for 2010-2013.
About Hood River, Oregon
Located at the crossroads of the spectacular Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and the magnificent Cascade Range and just an hour from Portland, Hood River is wildly gorge-ous, offering outdoor recreation, dramatic vistas, historic landmarks, bountiful fruit and fantastic food, wine, beer and cider. With accommodations ranging from luxury hotels to historic B&Bs, Hood River is a four-season destination for families, outdoor enthusiasts, weddings, corporate events and more. It was named 2015 Best Adventure Town in the West by Sunset Magazine. HoodRiver.org
The Hood River County Chamber of Commerce supports economic and tourism development in Hood River, Cascade Locks, Odell, Parkdale, Pine Grove, and Mount Hood. hoodriver.org