- This event has passed.
Understanding Beer Flavor Seminar by Master Brewers Association of Americas
April 13, 2015 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm$295 – $325
Taking place the day before the start of the 2015 Craft Brewers Conference in Portland, OR will be class on beer stewardship. Understanding Beer Flavor Seminar will be conducted by the Master Brewers Association of the Americas on Monday, April 13, 2015. This class is rarely conducted in the northwest and will be taught by, Steve Presley, a retired brewmaster of Anheuser-Busch.
Held in the Ambridge Event Center, this daylong course from 8:30am to 4:30pm will cover many aspects of the nuances of beer. From delivery to serving, attendees will receive an overview on how to properly handle, store, and present a variety of beers to maintain flavor and freshness. This hands-on, intensive course will teach attendees how to showcase beer styles using food pairings and proper glassware through sampling and demonstrations. Presenters will highlight the history of beer, as well as the diversity of beer styles.
This course is designed for many various individuals including:
- Wholesalers and retailers who want to maintain beer quality and freshness while they store, rotate, and display a large inventory of beer.
- Brewery Sales and Marketing personnel who want to better understand and sell the products their breweries produce.
- Restaurateurs who want to compile an appropriate list of beers to complement their food offerings.
- Bar managers who want to select the proper glassware, serving temperature, and pouring technique to showcase the unique characteristics of each beer and increase their bar sales.
- Servers who want to educate patrons about beer styles and advise diners on pairing beer with food.
The cost of the seminar is $295 in advance, or $325 if registration takes place after March 30, 2015. Attendees must be 21 years of older and registration does not include lunch. Register online now by clicking here.
This Beer Steward seminar is made possible by The Growler Guys.
All seminars have a limited capacity and registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis. MBAA reserves the right to cancel up to two weeks in advance of the date of the seminar if attendance levels are below the minimum requirement.