On Thursday January 19, 2012, from 5-9 PM, brewers Steve and Morgan from Ale Industries of Concord, CA will be at APEX bar to tap five of their heretofore untasted in Oregon beers. These two guys are making the slog up I-5 with some fresh kegs to bring you:
- East Bay IPA- 7.75%ABV- The East Bay IPA is all about big hop aroma and flavor. Two pounds of hops were used per barrel, giving it an even 100 IBUs. Columbus was used up front for bitterness which helps balance the rich malt bill. Cascade and Citra were added in the finish giving a wonderful tropical fruit/citrus nose.
- Rye’d Piper- 5.8%ABV- Coming in at 5.8% ABV, this ruby red beer speaks to the hop-head in us all. The use of rye malt lends a subdue spiciness that compliments the big caramel, chocolate, toasty and malts. Enough Pacific Northwest hops are added to this beer to give our brewers callus’, bad for them, but oh so good for us.
- Uncle Jesse’s- 5.3%ABV- This Session IPA is a straw/copper colored hoppy beer. We used Columbus hops, nearly exclusively, which gives this beer its beautiful orangey, grapefruit aroma and bursting citrus flavor! Being an “Session IPA” we have also kept the alcohol percentage low, making this a very drinkable beer.
- Orange Kush– Shush 4.5%ABV- Orange Kush is constructed using the best floor malted barley and wheat from Canada. This gives Orange Kush its smooth, dry malt character. Organic orange peel, coriander, and chamomile are used in the finish to impart intertwining layers of depth and flavor. It is just begging for another taste!
- Sour Chocolate Cherry Stout- 11%ABV APEX owner Jesse McCann says “I haven’t received details on the last, the very limited edition Sour Chocolate Stout (only a sixth barrel!). If it’s anything like the Grand Cru they brought last time they visited, it’s not to be missed.”