As a thank you to you, our loyal customer and craft beer enthusiasts, Hopworks Urban Brewery is celebrating our third anniversary by offering $2 pints, food specials and 20 percent off all HUB merchandise this Wednesday, March 30.
Over the last three years, Hopworks has grown into one of Portland’s most popular and successful brewpubs. And coming later this summer, the brewery will open its second location, Bike Bar, on North Williams in Portland. Located in the net-zero energy Eco-Flats building, Bike Bar will be more of the same great organic beer and locally-sourced food featuring two beer gardens for socializing and watching the bikes on Williams roll by.
Last year marked the second BikeToBeerFest, featuring great bands like Hillstomp and Boy Eats Drum Machine, as well as numerous local bike builders and the amazing Flatlanders BMX trick riders, the festival drew more than 4,000 fans to HUB’s back parking lot for beers, bikes and bands. BikeToBeerFest returns for its third year on September 17 to again raise money for Sunday Parkways and the Bicycle Transportation Alliance while delivering more of the same great entertainment.
Other notable achievements for Hopworks Urban Brewery:
* Hopworks produced 6,500 barrels of beer, roughly 1.6 million pints of beer.
* Hopworks purchased water restoration certificates from the Bonneville Environmental Foundation to offset all of its annual water use, restoring 1.8 million gallons of water to the Deschutes River.
* Expanded distribution into both British Columbia and the Seattle market.
* HUB Organic Lager was named the “Best Draft Beer in the world” by Men’s Journal magazine.
* For the fourth consecutive year, Hopworks was named the Best Brewpub in Oregon by Northwest Brewing News.
* HUB recently broke ground on a brewery expansion to bring in additional fermenters and increase annual brewing capacity to 10,000+ barrels a year