Ses-sion, Pronunciation: ?se-sh?n Function: noun, a meeting devoted to a particular activity; “a filming session”; “a gossip session” Function: adjective, the name of a perceived style of beer usually associated with an ale or lager that is equal to or less than 5.00% Alcohol by Volume.
“Session Fest was conceived as a way to educate like-minded festival goers you shouldn’t have to worry about your condition an hour or two later. Often when we attend festivals, it is easy to get caught up in the exciting flavors that brewers come up with. As a consequence for consuming so many great beers you often lose motivation (and sometimes consciousness), despite ‘responsible’ imbibing.
I just felt that people needed an event where they can hang out, and enjoy a pint or two, while taking in the ‘atmosphere of the pub’.
It is my hope to make this an annual event, with more breweries contributing unique, low alcohol beers. Please stop by Naked City during the last weekend of July and enjoy Session Fest”
With a strong focus on beers under or at 5.00% Alcohol by Volume, Session Fest is intended to educate both the novice and experienced craft beer drinker, that beer doesn’t have to be high in alcohol to be complex. In fact as last year’s event demonstrated, it is was very difficult to create a complex ale or lager, without increasing the gravity.
This year the festival will be featuring almost 25 breweries and over 35 beers. Look for beers like 3.80% Oakshire Whack & Unwrap Chocolate Orange Porter, 4.20% Big Time S*M*A*S*H* Single Malt & Single Hop Ale, and Elysian’s 4.50% Bikini Kill Ale.
WHO: Participating Breweries
- Big Al Brewing (Rat City American-style Blonde)
- Big Time Brewery & Alehouse (S*M*A*S*H* American-style Single Malt & Single Hop Ale)
- Boundary Bay Brewery & Pub (Irish-style Dry Stout)
- Chuckanut Brewery & Kitchen
- Diamond Knot Brewery & Pub Diamond Knot American-style Blonde)
- Elliott Bay Brewery & Pub (German-style Black Lager)
- Elysian Brewery & Pub
- Emerald City Brewing (German-style Lager)
- Foggy Noggin (Bit O’Beaver Enlish-style Special Bitter)
- Fremont Brewing Co. (American-style Wheat Ale)
- Georgetown Brewing Co. (American-style Session India Pale Ale)
- Hale’s Ales Brewery & Pub (German-style Kolsch)
- Maritime Pacific Brewery & Pub (American-style Oatmeal Pale Ale)
- Northwest Peaks Brewery
- Oakshire Brewing Co. (Chocolate & Orange Porter)
- Odin (Belgian-style Wit)
- Pike Brewery, Pub, & Museum
- Schooner Exact Brewing (American-style Wheat Ale with Raspberries)
- Silver City (Mud Puddle Barrel-aged Sour Mash)
- Snoqualimie Falls (Black Frog)
- Sound (Koppern Ketel Belgian-style Pale Ale)
- Sound (German-style Kristalweizen)
- Two Beers (India Session Ale)
- Wingman (Belgian Session Ale)
Thursday July 26th, 2012 7:00 PM
Session Fest Brewers Night
Featuring Session Fest beers, prizes, and opportunity to talk to the breweries about their beers.
Friday July 27th, 2012 ‘Open’ to Close – Sunday July 29th, 2012 ‘Open’ to Close
Session Fest 2012
About Northwest Beer Guide (aka, The Pickled Liver)
Started in 2006 as a personal journal, the Northwest Beer Guide was conceived as a source for events and news around the Northwest. Whether consuming a local beer like Ale Hair of the Dog Adam or Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, the Northwest Beer Guide is a great source regarding the beer culture in the Northwest.
For more information follow us on Twitter (http://twitter.com/nwbeerguide), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/nwbeerguide), and our website (http://nwbeerguide.blogspot.com).
About Naked City Brewery & Taphouse http://www.nakedcitybrewing.com/flash/#about
Once upon a time, there were two dudes named Donald and Don.
One as an engineer toiling away on the super computers of a local university, and the other was a supervisor managing the complex operations of a billionaire.
Both of them love their jobs, but more than their jobs they loved beer.
Each Don had a recurring dream of a magical place without a name, a place where great beers in the world flowed like Salmon le Sac at flood stage, and the fine brewing tradition of the Pacific Northwest stood proudly beside the best concoctions from far-flung breweries across Asia and Across Europe. -source, Naked City Brewery & Taphouse