BridgePort Brewing Company Holds 25th Anniversary Block Party
On August 15th from 4 – 10 p.m., Bridgeport Brewing Company will close down NW 13th in the Pearl District to celebrate. The brewery’s 25th anniversary bash will feature live music along with BridgePort beer and food.
One dollar from every beer sold at BridgePort’s 25th anniversary party will go directly to The Portland Audubon Society. BridgePort Brewing Company and the Audubon Society of Portland have been teaming up to bring great beer with a purpose to Portland for more than 20 years. The two businesses first partnered in 1987 to produce BridgePort’s Blue Heron Pale Ale as a special release specifically for the Audubon Society as they were petitioning with the state to name The Great Blue Heron Portland’s official city bird. Over the years BridgePort Brewing Company has donated the use of the Brewpub many times to allow the Audubon Society to kick off new initiatives and celebrate environmental victories.
What: BridgePort will close down NW 13th to make way for live music and entertainment from:
• BodyVox – One of Portland’s most innovative performing arts companies will perform for guests to start off the event.
• Black Lodge – Come and catch Brewmaster Karl Ockert and the other members of this six-man bluegrass band, including Cascade Brewing Company’s Brewmaster, Ron Gansburg.
• The Brothers Jam – Blending rootsy rock and deep rhythmic grooves, The Brothers Jam, who have been playing together since they were teenagers in Portland, take their audience on an entertaining sonic journey every time they hit the stage.
• Intervision – Fresh off their victory for Best R&B song at the 8th Annual Independent Music Awards, Portland, Oregon’s own Intervision shows no signs of slowing down. Hailed as a modern-day Steely Dan, this young sextet continues to craft sophisticated pop music that is equally soothing, intelligent, and danceable.
• Live Bird Demonstration and Membership Drive – Throughout the event the Audubon Society of Portland will have live educational birds on hand to interact with guests while encouraging nonmembers to join.
When: Saturday, August 15th, 2009. 4 – 10 p.m. Performances and music start at 5 p.m.
Where: BridgePort BrewPub + Bakery in the Pearl 1313 NW Marshall Street Portland, OR 97209