Portland, OR – Kick your way through Hawthorne’s 9-hole footgolf challenge, Kick Kick Score, on Sunday, August 3rd from 11 AM – 6 PM. Come for miniature footgolf…stay to shop, dine, and explore the iconic Hawthorne Boulevard.
Portland is hosting the 2014 Major League Soccer (MLS) All Star Game on August 6, 2014 and the city will have a week’s worth of celebration around the event. This is the first MLS All Star game of any sport to take place in Portland and it will be broadcasted to 150 countries.
You can pre-register now by clicking here through midnight on Friday, August 1st. Onsite registration will be available on Sunday, August 3rd at the Registration Tent outside Bazi (southside area of SE 32nd Ave & Hawthorne). However, organizers would like to pre-registration is encouraged.
Tickets are $5 for youth (ages 6-12) and $10 for ages 13+, and a discounted family package is available online only for $25 with 100% of the profits supporting Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest.
Kick Kick Score Course Map. This family friendly event will entail the completion of nine miniature footgolf holes along Hawthorne Boulevard hosted by nine establishments. Think Putt Putt but with soccer balls.
What to expect?
- Playing 9-holes should take approximately 90 minutes to complete. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on attending the Portland Thorns’ match Sunday evening at 7 pm.
- Participants will be assigned a starting hole to maintain the flow of kickers along the courses. You may start any time after 11 AM, but no later than 2 PM.
- Discounts on food, drinks and retail items along the Boulevard by participating establishments.
- Wear your favorite soccer gear and comfortable shoes as some establishments will be giving away Best Soccer Costume awards. There will be a lot of walking involved!
The awards ceremony (Outside Bazi – Southside area of SE 32nd Avenue & Hawthorne)
- All scorecards must be turned in at the Registration Tent outside Bazi by 5 PM to be considered for the awards ceremony.
- A tie breaker shoot-out between 5:30 – 6:00 PM (if necessary)
- Awards ceremony at 6 PM emceed by Former Mayor Sam Adams.
- Awards for Best Kicker in each age category (6-12, 13-17 and 18+) plus one business will take the coveted people’s choice Best Hole award.
Participants are encouraged to walk, ride their bikes, or use public transportation to the event. Brewvana Bus Tours will be providing a complimentary shuttle along Hawthorne with stops at various participating locations. Full schedule can be viewed here.
For those of you that would like to volunteer the planning committee is looking for folks to help set-up/tear-down and assist on the day of the event. Volunteer opportunities available here. Volunteers will receive an event t-shirt plus get invited to the volunteer after party with complimentary food and beverages.
The event is made possible through a grant by Venture Portland with generous support and sponsorship from the following partners: 107 Independent Supporters Trust, 4-4-2, Bazi Bierbrasserie, Brewvana Bus Tours, Coava Roasters Coffee, Eagles Lodge #3256, Fred Meyer Hawthorne, Fried Egg I’m in Love, Golazo®, Growlers Hawthorne, Hawthorne Hostel, Lompoc Brewery, Mag-Big, Maletis Beverage, Old Growth Futbol Club (OGFC), PDX Pipeline, Rose City Riveters, Timbers Army, and Yelp.
For more information about the event and to register, visit www.kickkickscore.com. Questions can be directed to email@example.com
About The Event Sponsors:
The Hawthorne Boulevard Business Association exists to promote the general business welfare of the businesses of all members of this Association and generally of all businesses bordering SE Hawthorne Boulevard from SE 12th Avenue to SE 60th Avenue and to promote, develop, and preserve Hawthorne Boulevard through community involvement, as a desirable place to work, shop, and live. Visit www.thinkhawthorne.com for more information.
Girls Inc. of the Pacific Northwest inspires girls, ages 6-18, to be strong, smart, and bold. Their gender-specific programs and research-based curricula provide girls with the confidence and self-esteem to access a bright and economically-independent future. Get involved at www.girlsincpnw.org
Venture Portland means business. Since 1986 Venture Portland has invested in the smart, strategic growth of Portland’s unique neighborhood business districts. These dynamic districts, which together make up a majority of the city’s businesses and nearly half of its jobs, play a vital role in Portland’s economic prosperity and collectively represent local, regional, national and international demand for goods and services. More information at www.ventureportland.org