Now in its third year, Brews for New Avenues is gearing up for their annual fundraiser for New Avenues for Youth that will take place on Saturday, September 6th from 5:00 to 10:30pm. This year organizers have secured a new, more elegant space at the Leftbank Annex, across the street from Upright Brewing.
General admission tickets go on sale today, July 1st, for just $10 each. If you purchase your ticket online before August 1st you’ll receive an additional drink ticket and a commemorative mug.
The third annual Brews for New Avenues features Portland’s only live rare beer auction, special craft beer keg tappings, chocolate stout beer floats, food carts, live music, raffles of numerous beer-centric items, and more. All proceeds go to New Avenues for Youth’s programs that help Portland’s homeless and at-risk youth. Last year organizers raised over $24,000 for New Avenues for Youth.
Brews for New Avenues is hosted by the Ambassador Board of New Avenues for Youth, a program that offers services that empower homeless youth to exit street life. Their mission is to “work in partnership with our community to prevent youth homelessness and provide homeless and at-risk young people the resources and skills needed to lead healthy, productive lives.”
During this past year New Avenues for Youth have provided for the following outcomes:
- New Avenues served more than 63,428 meals to homeless and at-risk youth through our drop-in center and transitional housing program.
- Our dedicated case managers provided more than 1,187 hours of counseling collectively.
- We provided 6,384 bed nights to youth through our transitional housing program.
- 87% of youth were stable when they exited our case management.
- 75 GED awards and/or post-secondary enrollments were secured by homeless youth in our PAVE job training program.
- 69 paid job opportunities were provided to youth through our social purpose enterprises (social enterprises owned and operated by New Avenues for Youth)
The entry fee of $10 to Brews For New Avenues includes one beer (two if you register online before August 1st) and a commemorative mug. One will also have the opportunity for the following great prizes and offerings:
- Access to Portland’s only live auction of extremely rare beers
- Special craft beer keg tappings
- Chocolate stout beer floats
- Wall of beer! Walk away with a special bottle to take home
- Live music from The Sentiments, The Get Ahead
- Food carts: The People’s Pig and Pulehu Pizza
- Raffles for beer-centric items from all over Portland
- Free root beer floats for designated drivers
Kegs annouced so far include Cantillon (Iris), Sixpoint (Three Bean), Cascade (Frites Galois), Brouwerij de Molen (Tsarina Esra Imperial Porter), Rooie Dop (Utrecht Strong Ale), Freigeist (Hibiskuss), Adnams (Broadside), and De Struise Brouwers (Imperialist), Gueuze (Tilquin – draft version), Mikkeller (Palisade Single Hop IPA), De Witte Leeuw (Amarillo Sun). Follow @BrewsforNewAves on Twitter as they will continue to announce the kegs for 2014 as they roll in.
The Beer Auction Lots will include special bottles, releases and packages from Hair of the Dog (Dave), Alesmith (Speedway variant set signed by the brewer), Crooked Stave, de Garde, The Commons, The Alchemist, Russian River, Cantillon and many more to be announced.
You can stay abreast of all the updates for this year’s Brews for New Avenues by checking out their website and their Facebook event page. We hope to see you there to help support a charity that truly does make a difference!
101 N Weidler St.
Portland, OR 97227