Even though spring is still a few weeks away, the weather ins Portland feel as if it’s beginning to break in the positive direction. This coupled with the clocks springing forward on Sunday calls for longer days and soon more daylight will be the norm. And since it’s daylight savings time, Bazi Bierbrasserie will now be back open once again on Sundays. This upcoming change will now make it seven days a week for this fantastic Belgian beer bar to be welcoming in their guests.
To kick off their re-opening of Sundays, Bazi will be hosting their 2nd Annual Sasion Greetings. This farmhouse ale tap take over that will feature both imported and domestic Belgian inspired beers on Sunday, March 9th from 4:00 to 9:00pm.
The beer lineup includes:
- Agrarian Apricity – 8% ABV, winter saison, spice and fruit aroma, complex fruit, malt and spice flavors. Dry yet rich.
- Breakside Suburban Farmhouse – 7.3% ABV, copper-colored saison, white pepper and apricot aroma and flavors, dry finish.
- Deschutes Saison de Perle – 6.3% ABV, complex malt body, spicy and herbal aroma, a result of perle hops melding with a classic saison yeast strain.
- Elysian Ramble On Blackberry Saison – 5.6% ABV, comet hops streak across a sky of pale, white wheat and C-45 malts, and ten pounds of blackberries per barrel add a tart Northwest touch.
- Hopworks Rye Saison
- Oakshire Frederic’s Lost Arm – 5.5% ABV, brewed with 16 Tons Bottle Shop to Commemorate their 1st Anniversary. Farmhouse ale with Green Oolong Tea from Eugene’s J-TEA International.
- St Feuillien Saison – 6.5% ABV, hazy pale yellow, visible carbonation, floral hops, earthy flavors, dry finish.
- Stillwater of Love and Regret – 7.2% ABV, cloudy orange-peach color, stiff white head, grassy hops, spring botanicals (heather, chamomile, lavender, & dandelion). Like a fresh meadow in spring, heavy carbonation.
- Urthel Saisonniere: 6% ABV, white head, aroma of lemon pepper and barnyard funk, spicy and herbal hop flavors.
- Brasserie Dupont Saison: 6.5% ABV, a world classic beer and the yardstick for one of Belgium’s most important beer styles. It is the most admired AND imitated Saison in the world.
For this event Bazi will be offering sampler flights of these fine saisons. The domestic lineup will be available for $8 and the import flight for $12. Each flight consists of 4 – 5 oz pours. Pick one or try them side by side. And since its Sunday, this means its Happy Hour all day at Bazi.
1522 SE 32nd Ave
Portland, OR 97214