For fans of lower alcohol craft beers, Seattle’s Naked City Brewery & Taphouse and Northwest Beer Guide will be hosing Session Fest. Beginning at 6:00pm on Thursday, June 26th, one will have the opportunity to sample over 25 different session style beers, all under 5% ABV.
Here is more from the press release:
Ses-sion, Pronunciation: ?se-sh?n Function: noun, a meeting devoted to a particular activity; “a filming session”; “a gossip session” Function: adjective, the name of a perceived style of beer usually associated with an ale or lager that is equal to or less than 5.00% Alcohol by Volume.
Returning after a one year hiatus, Seattle’s only ‘light beer’ festival, features over 25 breweries from the Northwestern region and California. This year stands to be our best yet, featuring numerous Session India Pale Ales, India Session Ales, Stouts, and even Berliner Weisse in the Walrus beer garden at Naked City (8564 Greenwood Avenue North Seattle, WA 98103). Breaking it down by state, we’ll have 18 participating breweries from Washington, 6 from Oregon, plus 1 each from Montana and California.
New to this year’s Session Fest is the introduction of the “Best in Show” and “ISA: Interesting Session Ale” awards, for people’s favorite and the best India Session Ale.
Kicking off on June 26th, at 6pm, with a Brewers Night and an outdoor bar, you’re invited to stop by and grab a pint (or two) while enjoying Session Fest!
Participating Brewery Beers include the following from the list below.
- 7 Seas – Life Jack Session India Pale Ale
- Airways – Sunjet Hybrid Ale 4.90%
- Amnesia – Summer Breeze Golden Ale 4.80%
- Big Time – Millenium Falconer Session-style Pale Ale 4.60%
- Black Raven – Nothing But Flowers Session-style India Pale Ale 4.90%
- Dirty Bucket – Hefen’ Pineapple 5.00%
- Engine House – Berliner Weisse 3.70%
- Elliott Bay Brewing – *To Be Determined
- Epic Ales Brewing – *To Be Determined
- Fremont – Wandering Wheat *with a secret addition 4.50%
- Foggy Noggin’ – Little Lucy English-style Special Bitter 4.30%
- Kulshan – Full 90 Session Ale 4.20%
- Port Townsend – Yoda’s Green Tea Golden Ale 4.70%
- Rainy Daze Session India Rye Ale 4.50%
- Reuben’s Dry Stout (on Nitro) 4.90%
- Schooner Exact India Session Ale 4.60%
- Scuttlebutt Earthy Blonde with Rooibos Tea 4.50%
- Seapine La Fantasma Blonde Ale 5.00%
- Silver City – Ziggy Zoggy German-style Lager 5.00%
- Two Beers Day – Hike Summer Session Ale
- Basecamp – Hop in the Pool Helles 4.90%
- Breakside – Passion Fruit Sour Ale 4.40%
- Caldera – Lawnmower Lager 3.90%
- Crux Fermentation – Northwest Pale Ale 4.50%
- Oakshire – Smokin Helles Rauch-style Helles 4.70%
- pFriem – Family Little Saison 4.50%
- Upright – Four Saison 4.50%
- Stone – Go To India Session India Pale Ale 4.50%
- Big Sky – Pygmy Owl Session India Pale Ale 4.20%
In addition, a special selection of Session Fest beers will be on tap during the Greenwood Car Show and 5th Annual Beer Can Derby in the Walrus beer garden at Naked City on Saturday, June 28th. High Noon.
8564 Greenwood Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98103