With Hillsboro, Oregon establishing itself more and more as a craft beer destination with breweries like Vertigo and Ambacht in the mix, husband and wife publican duo Dirk and Tammy Baker left everyday work to follow a deep passion for craft beer.
Now, their killer Orenco Taphouse is thee spot to hit up in Hillsboro. With 20 rotating taps, the 1,500 square-foot pub will turn into a tastival for some of Central Willamette Valley’s best craft breweries today beginning at 3:00pm. Many seldom found breweries from the Eugene and Corvallis area will include Falling Sky, Claim 52, Plank Town, and Agrarian Ales as well as well known and beloved favorites such as Ninkasi, Oakshire, Flat Tail, and 2 Towns Cider. There will be many more so, get a designated driver or hop on the Max light rail train (Orenco is right off the NW 231 stop).
The Beer List tonight will consist of the following beers, mead and braggot from our neighbors to the south in the Willamette Valley:
- Ninkasi Tripel – This is a Ninkasi take on a Belgian Tripel. Tripels are brewed with Belgian-style yeast contributing a spicy, clove-like aroma with citrusy and floral notes. They are generally effervescent with a long-lasting, dense white head. We brewed ours with Pilsner and Carapils malts, as well as Hallertau and Saaz hops. 9.2% ABV
- Oakshire Galaxy IPA – It’s out of this world! Developed and grown solely in Australia, Galaxy hops impart distinctive grapefruit and passionfruit character from when the beer first greets the nose until the last of it lingers on the palate. Enjoy mate!
- Falling Sky Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster Pale Ale – The fourth in our series of beers dedicated to Douglas Adams’ classic The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Aromas of ripe tropical fruits, citrus, and flowers mix with toasty malt sweetness and enough resinous hop flavor to last to the End of the Universe. “. . . the best drink in existence is the Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. It says that the effect of a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is like having your brains smashed out by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick.” 5.7% ABV
- Claim 52 Motueka Pale Ale
- Agrarian Ales Sylvan Saison – With the help of Hunton Farms and Camas Country Mill, we sourced organic triticale, a hybrid of wheat and rye, to prominate the malt profile of our featured summer release. Leaving hops behind on this one, we infused wild harvested spruce tips, fresh flowering yarrow and river sage tips from our farm. This herb combination lends a bright citrus essence, fresh floral notes, and really brings out the sweetness of the triticale…true summer refreshment. 5% ABV
- Steelhead Double IPA
- Viking Braggot Valkyrie – Valkyrie is a Belgian-style amber braggot. Distinctive Belgian flavor is provided by Trappist yeast. A blend of three organic malts in combination with several specialty malts gives Valkyrie a smooth body and brilliant amber color. Four different hop varieties give a slight bitterness with the addition of whole Marion blackberries giving an extra subtle tartness. Wildflower honey balances out the flavor profile and gives a smooth finish. With a secret infusion of the ancient herb Tulsi, Valkyrie has lightly euphoric and energizing properties. Enjoy.
- Hop Valley Alpha Centari – Originally brewed to commemorate our 100th batch at Hop Valley. An imperial IPA with intense pine and citrus hop flavor and aromas. 8.7% ABV
- Planktown Foggy Scotsman – Scottish-style porter with complex malty aromas of dark chocolate, honey, ripe figs, and coffee, with a hint of smokiness, smooth and silky. 5.2% ABV
- Mazama White Wedding White IPA – A true marriage of Belgian Wit Style and the NW IPA. This beer is light in color and in body. It has aromas of lemons, tangerines, and spices. 5.2% ABV
- Block 15 Chocolate Porter – London style dry porter with cocoa added to the conditioning tank. Pours a ruby black pint with a creamy cocoa brown head. Subtle aromas of chocolate, caramel and roast followed up with a nice balanced dry finish. 5.5% ABV
- Block 15 Wonka’s Wit – Belgian style white ale spiced with orange peel and coriander. Matured in Pinot Noir barrels 20 months with wild yeast, pediococcus & lactobacillus. Refreshingly sour with citrus, tropical fruit, and farmhouse notes. 5.5% ABV
- Flat Tail Tailgater Kolsh – Our lightest brew, a bright straw-hued crisp lager-like ale with German Tettnanger hops to add a spicy bouquet and light, firm bitterness.
- Nectar Creek Mead Hopped Session Mead 6.2% ABV
- 2 Towns Cider Rubarbarian – Like a barbarian horde, the crew at 2 Towns Ciderhouse raided a local rhubarb patch to create this fearsome hard cider. Tangy, wild, and not for the faint of heart, the Rhubarbarian will bring out the barbarian in you. Give your taste buds +5 sour ability! 6.9% ABV
- Track Town Honey Orange Wheat – This unfiltered wheat beer has flavors of honey and orange balanced with a nice medium-sweet malt character. It is medium bodied with no harsh bitterness and a nice honey-orange finish.
This event will be a great opportunity for folks to check out this awesome new pub as well as an absolute highlight of this year’s Killer Beer Week!
1198 NE Orenco Station Pkwy
Hillsboro, OR 97124
(right off Max line at NW 231 Ave and Orenco Station)
3:00pm to Close