The month of December is quickly coming to a close which means another beer summit at our favorite beer bar in far Southeast Portland. Jeremy Lewis and business partner Quyen Ly took over Roscoe’s back in 2007 and steadily changed it from a neighborhood dive bar to the craft beer centric bar that it is today. This month’s summit is a bit more special since Roscoe’s will be celebrating their 7th year in business with ownership by Lewis and Ly on Friday, December 27th, beginning at 2pm.
What makes this summit different than most is that Roscoe’s 7th Anniversary Summit will be open to all styles of beer, and some great vintage brews. Roscoe’s will also be tapping additional special kegs all weekend and running through New Years Eve. But if you want to have the best selection of beers and meet some of the brewers be sure to show up on Friday.
And Preston Weesner from Cascade Brewing just confirmed to us that they’ll be sending over their Vintage Supracot 2012. This NW style sour wheat ale at 8.5% ABV is a special single barrel project from the blenders that was barrel aged for 6 months before aging on 200 pounds of fresh apricots for an additional 9 months. Aromas of dusty apricot skins and blossoms are present to start. Huge rich tart apricots cover your palate and lead to a dry fruit finish with a cotton candy note. Close your eyes, it’s like drinking a fresh apricot.
A few of Breweries and beers to be on tap will include:
- Oakshire Brewing – 7 (Oakshire’s 7th Anniversary Beer)
- Cascade Brewing – Vintage Supracot 2012
- Upright Brewing – Four Play
- Double Mountain Brewery – Perle Imperial Stout (Portland Release)
- Russian River Brewing Company
- The Bruery – Oude Tart
- Green Flash Brewing Co. & Founders Brewing Co – Barrel-Aged Linchpin
- Boneyard Beer – Suge Knite
- Crux Fermentation Project – Barrel-Aged Double Cross
- Flat Tail – Wild 5
- Deschutes Brewery
- The Commons Brewery – Special Barrel-Aged Beer
- Breakside – Safeword Triple IPA
Beyond these there will also be some great vintage kegs, and many more beers that will make you salivate. And as always is the case at Roscoe’s, taster trays will be available.
8105 SE Stark Street
Portland, OR 97215