Sierra Nevada Brewing’s new collaborative 12 pack, Beer Camp Across America, has been garnering a lot of buzz in the brewing industry. Earlier this year, the Chico, California based brewery announced that they would be partnering with 12 highly respected breweries from across the country to create a mixed 12 pack that will feature all 12 of these collaborations. And beginning later this week and running through the end of July, there will be a few Portland bars hosting tap takeovers that will feature all 12 beers on tap all at the same time.
The Beer Camp Across America 12-pack is now beginning to hit store shelves throughout the U.S. The dozen breweries featured include Ninkasi, Firestone Walker, New Glarus, Ballast Point, 3 Floyd’s, Bells, Allagash, Russian River, Asheville Brewers Alliance, and Russian River in 12oz bottles. Then in 12oz cans will be Oskar Blues and Cigar City. “A lot of creativity and hard work went into the Beer Camp Across America 12-pack, and we’re excited to finally share it with drinkers,” said Ken Grossman, founder of Sierra Nevada.
In less than 2 weeks, the kickoff to Beer Camp Across America Beer Festival, an unprecedented seven-city traveling beer festival, will take place. Unfortunately this amazing festival will not take place in Portland as was originally planned. The Northwest edition will take place on Saturday, July 19th at Sierra Nevada Hop Field in Chico, CA, from Noon to 5:00p.m.
Grossman adds, “We’ll pour these beers at every festival stop with hundreds of other craft brewers who are pushing the boundaries of our industry. It’s a traveling party, and we’re going to have a great time.” We here at Brewpublic are very excited for this release and traveling down to Chico for the festival!
The collaboration partners, beer name and styles include:
- Allagash Brewing Company – Myron’s Walk Belgian-Style Pale Ale – Belgian Style Pale
- Asheville Brewers Alliance – Tater Ridge Scottish Ale – AltBier
- Ballast Point Brewing Company – Electric Ray India Pale Lager – India Pale Lager
- Bell’s Brewery, Inc. – Maillard’s Odyssey Imperial Dark Ale – Imperial Dark Ale
- Cigar City Brewing – Yonder Bock Tropical Maibock – Tropical Maibock
- Firestone Walker Brewing Company – Torpedo Pilsner – Hoppy Pilsner
- New Glarus Brewing Company – There and Back English-Style Bitter – English Style Bitter
- Ninkasi Brewing Company – Double Latte Coffee Milk Stout – Coffee Milk Stout
- Oskar Blues Brewery – CANfusion Rye Bock – Rye Bock
- Russian River Brewing Company – Yvan the Great Belgian-Style Blonde – Belgian Blonde
- 3 Floyds Brewing Company – Chico King Pale Ale – Pale Ale
- Victory Brewing Company – Alt Route Altbier – AltBier
For those of you not making the trek down to Chico for the Beer Camp Across America Beer Festival, a few of Portland’s better beer bars will be featuring all 12 BCAA beers all on tap at the same time. The locations and dates are listed below.
With 12 different beers its great that Sierra Nevada is hosting a few different events at different times this month in Portland. We sure want to be able to try all 12 varieties and this will definitely allow us to do so!