Over the course of the past 30 years the state of Oregon has been at the forefront of the craft beer revolution that is taking place across the globe. As of today there are 188 breweries that call Oregon home and this number seems to be growing every month.
With all of this growth there are also concerns on where the industry currently stands and what does the future hold. Is the industry near capacity? If not is there room for more breweries and pubs? And when will this so called bubble burst?
On Tuesday, September 23rd, the Green Dragon will host a panel of local brewmasters, writers and experts that will partake in a heady discussion on these topics and many more. The seminar will take place from 6:00 to 7:30pm and will feature the following panelists:
- John Foyston, The Oregonian’s beer columnist
- Karl Ockert, technical director, Master Brewer Assn. of the Americas
- Brian Butenschoen, executive director, Oregon Brewers Guild
- Gary Geist, co-owner and co-founder, Lucky Labrador Brewing
- Mike Wright, owner and founder, The Commons Brewery
- Graham Brogan, head of brewery operations, McMenamins
Registration can be completed here for $8.00 that also includes a free beer sample from Buckman Botanical Brewery and a pint of your choice.
928 SE 9th Ave.
Portland, OR 97214