Willamette Week's Beer Pro/Am
Returning for its second year is Willamette Week’s Beer Pro/Am. This unique beer event is where a home brewer pairs up with a professional brewer to release a beer for all of us to sample and to judge.
This years event is switching venues to Zarr Studios in Southeast Portland and will take place on Saturday, October 11th from 1:00 to 6:00pm. Attendees will be able to choose from 21 different beers brewed by these aspiring home brewers with assistance from their paired professional brewers.
Last year the Judges’ Choice and People’s Choice awards went to Sasquatch Brewing for their Vanilla Bourbon Creme Ale brewed by home brewer George Dimeo and brewer Charlie Van Meter. Unfortunately neither Dimeo nor Sasquatch will be defending their title at this year’s event.
Tickets are now on sale and there are two packages you can choose from.
VIP – $40.00
Includes a build-your-own burrito bar, courtesy of Chipotle, a Pro/Am Glass, and one hour of VIP sampling of 21 beers before General Admission (1 p.m. – 2 p.m.).
General Admission – $25.00
Includes a Pro/Am Glass, and sampling of 21 beers.
Participating brewer teams include:
- 10 Barrel Brewing with Lee Hedgmon
- 13 Virtues with Paul Johnson
- Alameda Brewing with Wallace Charman
- Baerlic Brewing with Dave Barnes
- Breakside Brewing with Dan Shaw & Steven Rice
- Buckman Botanical with Warren Johnson & Rich Hawthorne
- Coalition Brewing with Matt Cortese
- Ecliptic Brewing with Jenn McPoland & Jeremie Landers
- Ex Novo with Casey Workman
- Feckin Brewery with John Lovegrove
- Fort George with Chad Graham
- Gigantic Brewing with Larry Clouser
- Hopworks with Matthew Harhai
- Kell’s with Natalie Baldwin
- Laurelwood Brewing with Rodney Kibzey
- Lompoc Brewing with Ezra Johnson-Greenough
- Migration Brewing with Fletcher Beaudoin
- Old Town with Beau Evers
- Pints with Kory Linsenmeyer
- Portland U-Brew with Dean Ehnes
- The Commons with Ritch Marvin
Beyond the beer enjoy live music by Stumbleweed, as well as food from Chipotle, PDX Sliders, Atlas Pizza and more. Remember, you have the power to crown your favorite new brew in the People’s Choice Award!
1535 SE 9th Ave.