Stout Month is just over a week deep into events and killer dark brews in Astoria, Oregon. Here’s an update from the goodly folks at Fort George Brewery regarding what’s going on and what house and guest taps you can expect to try at the brewpub.
Almost a week down in Stout Month and the big bold dark beers are falling into place nicely. We are just finishing up a remodel of the Lovell Brewery’s “Showroom Space” where future events will be held, and it is shaping up nicely.
Gearing up for the debut of this space, the Oysters and Stouts Brewer’s Dinner on February 15th, the menu has been released! Menu and ordering are posted here. Seats still available.
Besides our regular House Stouts for Stout Month this year, and our weekly Guest Releases, we will be releasing another 20+ Stouts for the Festival of Dark Arts on February 18th. We just locked another tarot card reader/psychic, and the music has been finalized. From sitar, to banjo, and experimental looping it is going to be DARK. The tattoo artists are permitted and booking up, dark food is planned, and a preview of the dark art show kicks off this Saturday. Check out more on the dark arts here.
Anyway, on to the important stuff… the Stouts!
- Spank Stout
- Squashed Stout
- Polish’s Black Walnut Stout
- Viva La Stout
- Coffee Girl Stout
- Cavatica Stout
- Bourbon Bbl. Cavatica Stout
- Kentucky Tart Stout
Guest Stouts (Released Weekly):
- Deschutes Brewery, Bend – The Abyss
- Alaskan Brewery, AK – 25th Anniversary Perseverance Stout
- Mikkeller, Denmark – Black Hole Stout (aged in white wine barrels)
- Stone Brewing, Escondido, CA – Russian Imperial Stout
- Laurelwood, Portland – Moose & Squirrel Stout
- Epic Brewing, Salt Lake City, UT – Imperial Stout
- Great Divide Brewing, Denver, CO – Yeti Imperial Stout
- Boneyard Brewery, Bend – Backbone Chocolate Espresso Stout
Festival of Dark Arts Stouts:
- Natian Brewing, Portland – Lumberjane Imperial Stout
- Hopworks Brewing, Portland – Army of Darkness Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout
- Silver Moon Brewing, Bend – Darkside Stout (GABF Gold Medal ‘11)
- Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene – Imperiale Imperial Stout
- Ninkasi Brewing, Eugene – Oatis Stout
- Oakshire Brewing, Eugene – Overcast Espresso Stout
- Lompoc Brewing, Portland – Black Dawn III
- Astoria Brewing Company, Astoria – Stuck Mash Oatmeal Imperial Stout
- Fire Mountain Brewing, Carlton – Steam Fired Stout
- Deschutes Brewing, Bend – Obsidian Stout
- Deschutes Brewing, Portland – End of the World Stout
- Anderson Valley, Booneville, CA – Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
- Good Life Brewing, Bend – Pass Stout
- McMenimans Edgefield, Troutdale – Marlow’s Heart – Whiskey Barrel Aged Stout
- Brewers Union Local 180, Oakridge – Frost on the Bumkin 8 Grain Winter Stout – Cask
- Cascade Brewing, Portland – Barrel Aged Diesel Stout
- Oskar Blues Brewing, Longmont, CO – Ten Fidy Imperial Stout
- Southern Oregon Brewing, Medford – Black Heart Imperial Stout
- Fort George Brewery and Public House, Astoria – Strawpeary Stout
- Fort George Brewery and Public House, Astoria – TBA – Cask
With more Stouts rolling through everyday, we’re looking to top 40 Stouts this February!