Only 240 cases of mother of all storms, formerly known as the perfect storm, will be released
Booking “Mother’s Day” Package only way to guarantee case of Mother of all Storms
The Pelican Pub & Brewery will release its famous Mother of All Storms beer on November 19, 2010, which the Pelican is naming “Mother’s Day.”
Mother of All Storms, formerly known as The Perfect Storm, has caused quite a stir over the last couple years and has sold out quickly. Mother of All Storms is produced in an extremely limited quantity and only 240 cases will be produced in 2010. This year, the only guaranteed way to get a bottle (or more) of Mother of All Storms is to attend “Mother’s Day” on Friday, November 19 beginning at 8 a.m. or to book the “Mother’s Day” Package for Thursday, November 18 through the Inn at Cape Kiwanda in Pacific City.
The “Mother’s Day” Package is for one night only—November 18, the night before the Mother of All Storms is officially released. Those who book it will be guaranteed a case of Mother of All Storms delivered to their room on Mother’s Day (November 19) and avoid the hassle of waiting in line. The package includes one night in a Kiwanda Guest Room at the Inn at Cape Kiwanda on November 18, a guaranteed case of the Mother of All Storms delivered to the room on November 19 and a limited edition Mother of All Storms t-shirt. Please call the Inn at 1-888-965-7001 for more information, pricing or to book your room. Dog-friendly rooms are available.
The Mother of all Storms is based on Stormwatcher’s Winterfest, Pelican’s English-style barleywine. The Mother of All Storms spent four months aging in 1998 Evan Williams Bourbon barrels. Now at its peak, The Mother of All Storms delivers flavors of deep toasted malt, bourbon and oak. The finish rewards with whispers of vanilla, toffee and caramel. It’s best enjoyed with gusts exceeding 60 mph.
The particulars on ordering Mother of All Storms (if you don’t book the Mother’s Day package):
- Friday, November 19, 2010 is the official release date of Mother of All Storms.
- Mother of All Storms will be offered on a first come, first serve basis. The only way to ensure you get a bottle of this vintage will be by showing up in person at The Pelican Pub & Brewery.
- The Pelican will not be accepting online orders for this beer. Instead they will be accepting names and contact information via phone starting today October 7, 2010. To order, please call 503.965.7007. You will be asked to leave a message on the Mother of All Storms voicemail.
- On December 1, 2010, Pelican will evaluate its stock of the beer and should the numbers allow, they will proceed to contact the names on the reservation list on a first come, first serve basis to fulfill the orders.
- Pelican will begin shipping any orders the following Monday, December 6, 2010. This delay will allow Pelican to process payment and ensure that everyone can be contacted prior to shipment.
- If you have attempted to submit an online order, please call to get your name on the reservation list. Unfortunately, online orders will not be processed.