Returning for its sixth consecutive year will be GermanFest at Bailey’s Taproom on Saturday, April 23. From Noon until Midnight, Bailey’s Taproom will feature over twenty German-style beers all brewed from Oregon breweries.
By coincidence this year, Bailey’s GermanFest happens to take place on the same day as the 500-year anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot, better known as the German Beer Purity Law. Reinheitsgebot still lives on to this day at many Bavarian breweries and even breweries here in Oregon.
Bailey’s GermanFest Beer Lineup:
- Baerlic – Cascadian Dark Hefeweizen
- Base Camp – Rauchbier
- Bend – Schwarzbier
- Boneyard – Doppelbock
- Breakside – Dunkel
- Burnside – Maibock
- Buoy – Roggenbier
- Coldfire/AleSong – Berliner Weisse w/ lime & lemongrass
- Double Mountain – Pilsner
- Ex Novo – Smoked Dunkel
- Falling Sky – Kolsch
- Fat Head’s – Weizenbock
- Gigantic – Kolsch
- Heater Allen – Roggenbier
- Hopworks – Double Altbier
- Montavilla – Helles
- Pints – Gose
- Santiam – Vintage Doppelbock
- Stickmen – Berliner Weisse w/ cantaloupe
- Terminal Gravity – Berliner Weisse
To add flavor to this year’s GermanFest, Bailey’s Taproom will have Altengartz German Brand Bratwurst parked out front of Bailey’s Taproom providing authentic German sausages throughout the day.
In addition to Bailey’s GermanFest, its neighbor upstairs, The Upper Lip, will host School of Krautrock. The Upper Lip will open as usual at 4:00pm but the musically inspired chronology of German electronic music, School of Krautrock, will begin at 6:00pm and last until Midnight.
Here’s the evening’s lineup of music.
- 6:00pm – Eric Sterling will bring his strong influence and passion of German electronic music with a “Krautrock” set.
- 7:00pm – Proqxi will step it up blending Krautrock into the infantile stages of the genre.
- 8:00pm – Evan and Bowser will slowly progress the set into modern electronic bringing in the new “new”, and finally wind down the night’s music with some original production work from Bojarski.
In addition to the mind blowing German music, The Upper Lip will feature six taps of German-style beers with origins ranging from Oregon to Germany. This list will feature Rosenstadt Brewery’s Kolsch and German Pale, Victory Brewing’s Kirsch Gose and Prima Pils, and Ayinger’s Alt Dunkel and Maibock.
213 SW Broadway
Portland, OR 97205
The Upper Lip
720 SW Ankeny
Portland, OR 97205