After celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, Founders Brewing has some changes in store for 2018. A few of its beers will go from limited release to full on year-round offerings as well as a few beers will be eliminated for the coming year.
Here’s a rundown on what to expect from the Grand Rapids, Michigan brewer from its recent update on its 2018 Beer Release Calendar.
- Breakfast Stoutand Backwoods Bastard will be available year-round. Breakfast Stout should be available without a break in availability into the New Year, while Backwoods Bastard will have a several month lapse in availability.
- Founders will be offering All Day IPA,Rubaeus and all of its seasonal beers, which include Mosaic Promise, Azacca IPA and PC Pils, in 6-pack cans.
- Double Trouble IIPA returns! Founders notorious imperial IPA makes its return in May 2018.
- Founders are launching a brand new taproom carryout series called the “Mothership Series.” These beers will range from classics like the inaugural release,Red’s Rye IPA, to experimental new styles. They will only be available for carryout in 6-pack bottles at Founders taproom locations.
- Green Zebrawas such a hit that Founders is bringing it back around. This gose-style ale brewed with watermelon and sea salt was named one of VinePair’s 50 best beers of 2017!
- TheBarrel-Aged Series returns and, with it, four new releases we’ll share with you throughout the year. Stay tuned!
- Founders is saying goodbye to some favorites, like Imperial Stout, Curmudgeon and reDANKulous although Founders will like to think of it as ‘until we meet again.’
Follow Founders Brewing on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter channels to stay up to date on all things Founders.